Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Vehicle for 3+ kids

We are looking for a new vehicle. We have been looking at used and new. I want safety over all else (and heated leather seats!), but convenience is nice, too. We have 3 (hopefully a couple more in the near future) little kids in car seats, so we've been considering vans and SUVs. I want an odyssey, he wants a suburban, but we are open to anything. To give you an idea of our budget, we will likely buy a new odyssey if I don't come across something else I think would meet our needs better. What would you look at? Love/hate? TIA!
    C: 12/06, maui PW
    M: 02/08, carbon vivo
    C: 12/10, RF sporty blue TF

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician
    With lots of little kids just know that the load height will make a difference. I can't imagine picking three kids up to put in the car day after day. The Odyssey also has top tethers for every rear seating position which makes it much more flexible for seating. Those are things that matter to me but may not to you.

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by nannykates
    With lots of little kids just know that the load height will make a difference. I can't imagine picking three kids up to put in the car day after day. The Odyssey also has top tethers for every rear seating position which makes it much more flexible for seating. Those are things that matter to me but may not to you.
    Tethers are important and something our current suv lacks. Load height doesn't bother me much, I've never thought about it really. I think side curtain air bags, tethers, etc are important, but my husband sides on the pure mass of a suburban. I really just want to know what the "safest car" on the road is and what other moms with a few little kidd are driving and loving (or hating).
    C: 12/06, maui PW
    M: 02/08, carbon vivo
    C: 12/10, RF sporty blue TF