Which would you choose?

jjordan

A friend just asked to borrow a car seat to pick up a family with a 3 year old from the airport. I asked for the child's height/weight, but if I don't get that information, which of my seats would you pick? I will install the seat and give the driver a quick run-down on proper use. I already have one in mind, but thought it might be interesting (and won't hurt!) to hear what other people would do.

Options:
Recaro Prosport (harnessed)
Britax Boulevard (classic)
Radian 80
Radian XTSL
Britax Boulevard 70CS

ADS

smackeen

I would say a radian as I have no knowledge of the recaro.

ETA, not knowing the weight, it would make it iffy for the safe stop. So my vote would be the recaro (as it is big enough for your 6 year old).

aept

Recaro, although I don't know anything about how it installs. I'm just thinking theoretically it should be big enough and I highly doubt the family of the three year old would be planning to have a RF seat available.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Brianna

Boulevard 70 CS- it's unlikely that a 3 year old would have outgrown it FF by height or weight, easy to use and the CS would probably make it more likely that the harness is snug enough.

Persimmon

Classic Boulevard. It is so easy to use properly/has a smooth pull harness and you could easily teach them how to install it in case it had to be moved if the car broke down or whatever. The child still might fit RF if they wanted and they would probably fit FF. And it has a taller shell than the BLVD70CS (my second choice). I think most likely to be used properly is very important in this situation.

ETA: At least I think the Classic is taller? If not, the BLVD70CS

jjordan

Yeah, I pretty much ruled out Radians because of the SafeStop issue.

I was planning on ProSport, partly because it's currently in dh's car (which is rarely used with the kids), so we wouldn't really miss it. But I hadn't thought about the CS being helpful. So maybe I should lend that seat and have ds use the ProSport for a while. Also being able to easily adjust harness height while the seat is installed would be nice.

The classic BV does come after the BV70 because it's easier to adjust harness height and tightness (my classic BV has the ratcheting harness). And incidentally the harness height is taller in the BV70 than in the classic BV, but it would take a very tall 3 year old to have outgrown either, so that's not really figuring in to my reasoning.

Thanks for the replies!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC