Next RF seat after the CCO?

TXmom2

So...my LO seems to be coming pretty close to outgrowing her CCO RF. We are starting to think about next steps.
We have an '09 Pilot. We have the following seats:
- Safety First Complete Air 65 (spare in the garage)
- Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX (currently FF in Pilot)
- Scenera (FF in hubby's Element for Z's occasional use)

My 3.9 yr old is FF in the EFTA but she is only an inch (last time I checked) from reaching the 40in limit for the seat. I did read that correctly?

I was looking into the Frontier or ProSport to FF Z in, and move MJ RF in either the CA or the EFTA. Also might try the Scenera RF for MJ and put the EFTA in hubby's car. (I do not like the headslump issues we have with the FF CA)

Whatever we decide on will need to fit side by side on the "60" portion of the 2nd row. The RF seat will end up in the center to allow my long legged hubby to drive.

ETA: I don't think I ever posted my actual question. (man..I'm really off tonight)
The point of the post is ..
1) Is there a RF convertible that is "less invasive" OR SHORTER when installed to allow the driver more room and allow us to keep our FF 3 yr old in the center position?
2) It will need to puzzle well in an '09 Pilot next to a FF Frontier (most likely our choice) on the "60" portion of the 2nd row bench.
3) Is it worth it to purchase another seat simply to keep our FF daughter in the center or would she be fine outboard?

TIA :)
also please move if this belongs elsewhere ;)

Last edited:
ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Check the manual again, but I doubt the EFTA has a forward facing height limit of 40". I suspect you were looking at a rear-facing height limit.

The Scenera isn't going to get you much, if any more RF time than the Coccoro. Both have a 36" height limit for RF. Shell height is comparable, and only the weight limit is really significantly different (and then only 2 lbs different).

So, basically, I think I'd try the CA RF first.

TXmom2

Yep, I remembered incorrectly, that was RF and it was the weight :rolleyes: :

Child Requirements

For Use Rear-Facing Child Must Meet All These Requirements
•Weight: 5 – 40 lbs. (2,3 – 18 kg)
•Height: 19 - 37 in. (48 - 94 cm)
•Top of child’s head is at least 1 inch (25 mm) below the top of the child restraint seat back.

For Use Forward-Facing Child Must Meet All These Requirements
•Weight: 22 - 65 lbs. (10 – 29,4 kg)
•Height: 28 - 50 in. (71 - 127 cm)

But regardless, we are looking into moving Z into a FF harness/booster seat like the Frontier.
That will allow us to pass down the EFTA or CA to MJ and allow a spare seat for each of them in hubby's car.

I don't think I ever posted my actual question. (man..I'm really off tonight)
The point of the post is ..
1) Is there a RF convertible that is "less invasive" OR SHORTER when installed to allow the driver more room and allow us to keep our FF 3 yr old in the center position?
2) It will need to puzzle well in an '09 Pilot next to a FF Frontier (most likely our choice) on the "60" portion of the 2nd row bench.
3) Is it worth it to purchase another seat simply to keep our FF daughter in the center or would she be fine outboard?

CuddlyMonsters

I just wanted to mention that I have a Britax Frontier 85 FF and then a Peg Convertible in the middle RF. My husband is 6ft tall and drives with the seat all the way back and even with the Peg on the 7th notch, he can still move the drivers seat all the way back with the seat correctly installed. The only thing is that we have a Honda Odyssey. They do puzzle nicely next to each other... Not sure if this even helps you out, lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC