Rigid latch stuck, Cybex. Help.

bnsnyde

How do you get rigid latch out? It's a Cybex X-fix. Just one side is clicked and it's stuck. I don't think the rigid latch will work at all in a Saturn Aura due to spacing anyway. But it's stuck now, outboard. It was too tippy in middle.

I am 8 months pregnant. I had 3 carseat across Nana's car, and her boyfriend took them out to save on gas. She is emergency pickup for the kids and I hoped her having 3 seats would help once baby is born. This is really frustrating.

One was a Radian (FF) that I worked so hard to get in tight. I am too pregnant to do this very well.
I thought I'd just replace the Radian with a booster for the 5 and 6-year-old.
But...it's stuck. How do I release the latch? Surely I am missing something...maybe somebody knows.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
How do you get rigid latch out? It's a Cybex X-fix. Just one side is clicked and it's stuck. I don't think the rigid latch will work at all in a Saturn Aura due to spacing anyway. But it's stuck now, outboard. It was too tippy in middle.

I am 8 months pregnant. I had 3 carseat across Nana's car, and her boyfriend took them out to save on gas. She is emergency pickup for the kids and I hoped her having 3 seats would help once baby is born. This is really frustrating.

One was a Radian (FF) that I worked so hard to get in tight. I am too pregnant to do this very well.
I thought I'd just replace the Radian with a booster for the 5 and 6-year-old.
But...it's stuck. How do I release the latch? Surely I am missing something...maybe somebody knows.

I have no idea about your question, but can you explain the bolded??:confused::confused:

Phineasmama

Do you have the manual? There is a very specific way it releases, but I can't remember off the top of my head. The manual should explain it.

abigaylebelle

Yeah this thing is not intuitive at all. Plus the manual storage is behind the back of the seat. Anyway here is how to do it:
1. To get the seat out you first pull the handle under the front lip and slide the seat forward on the tracks.
2. You will see a little green button on the top of the latch tracks and an orange button on the side of the tracks. Push down on the green button and pull the orange button towards the front of the car.
3. Repeat on other side if you did not do them simultaneously.

If you don't want to use the rigid latch feature you can swing the latch down and then towards the seat and use the little front handle to slide it all the way into the base.

skylinphoto

I find it helps if you tilt the front of the seat up while you release the latch connectors.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

bnsnyde

Got it! Whew. Had Braxton-Hicks the whole time.

He thought driving around with 3 carseats took too much gas (true that seats don't really get used;but Nana is emergency pickup and and I loved knowing she had a safe way to drive the kiddies around. Now with baby due, she will be driving my older ones some to help out at first.)

He says he'll put them all back. Yeah, right. All the carseat crazies here understand why I am not OK with him doing that. :)

So now, anyway, there is a Cybex outboard that either 5 or 6-year-old can use (the Radian was getting too small for 6-year-old anyway). And I'll let him put the Maestro back in, then I'll inspect it and adjust as necessary. If the Scenera fits, that one too. Just need at least one harnessed seat for 3-year-old.

But seeing that my carseats had been taken out (and my condition not conducive to re-installing at this point), was a huge shock. I was kind of speechless!!

HaileysMommy

The gas thing is ridiculous. Even if you had 3 Radians the weight would be under 90lbs...does he really think that extra weight causes you to use a ton more gas?

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC