News Car-Seat.Org Facebook Presence

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'm not a facebook person. I manage to login if I get a notification of a message or maybe once a week for a few minutes to browse. That's a good part of the reason the facebook Car-Seat.Org group has languished. I know many of our members enjoy facebook, so perhaps it would be a nice place for some of you to promote child passenger safety there as well?

If so, maybe one or more facebook group experts would like to help run it and I'd be interested in making some changes there. Not just in responding to questions, but to give it a facelift in appearance and promote it on facebook as well. Please reply here if you are interested. It's an open group, so anyone may participate and invite/approve others to join. All I ask is that you keep it on-topic of traffic safety, rather than a community discussion area for off-topic conversations. Also, you would need to maintain a polite atmosphere to welcome parents to ask questions, as advocacy is the primary goal. The secondary goal is to promote our forum at Car-Seat.Org when relevant, especially by linking to relevant threads here. Obviously, the intent is to encourage participation on our forums, but we also want to be able to give parents another option to ask questions for all those people who rarely venture away from fb.

We also have an official facebook page that perhaps could use another moderator to spruce it up a bit and respond to questions. If you are interested, please send me a PM. Katy (MomtoElim), Andrea (Bookmama), Ulrike and Heather tend to most of the business, but someone else who is on facebook a lot and knows how to make spiffy page designs would be a big help;-)

ADS

christineka

We already have a car seat safety group on facebook, founded by car-seat.org members. Perhaps it would be easier to just convert that group to the car-seat.org group and then we won't have one more car seat group to join, look at, and spend time on?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
We already have a car seat safety group on facebook, founded by car-seat.org members. Perhaps it would be easier to just convert that group to the car-seat.org group and then we won't have one more car seat group to join, look at, and spend time on?

The Car-Seat.Org group was always "unofficial". Kashi started it, but appears to have left the group a while back and I haven't seen her around in a while (I hope everything is OK!).

Is there actually a way to merge two groups? I'd be willing to consider that.

christineka

Is there actually a way to merge two groups? I'd be willing to consider that.

Contact the admins of the one group (I don't know their car-seat.org usernames.) and ask them if they'd like to convert the group. They can make a big announcement, change the name of the group, change the group picture logos, and add more admins. Of course, this is if they want to convert it, but I think it's worth asking. (Saves some of us from needing to check on one more group.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC