Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

BLVD 70 head wings snapped!

So before I go off on Britax, I thought I'd get a reality check here first. We have a BLVD 70 that's less than 2 years old. We noticed one of the head wings was a little floppy, and upon inspection saw that the styrofoam (or whatever it is) had snapped in half! Now I'm sure it's because one of the kids probably leaned on it at some point, but I feel like my kids are little, and it seems like those headwings should be a little more sturdy than this? Has anyone else had this happen? Is this a frequent issue with the head wings?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: BLVD 70 head wings snapped!

Phone Britax. They can send you a replacement part.
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

CPS Fanatic
    I would not go off in britax. I'd contact them and see if they have a solution to fix the issue. In most cases its fine to tape foam on seats. I would verify with them but it should still be safe to use.

That happened to mine as well when I had it. I taped them, called Britax, and they sent new ones, no problem.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Happened to us too. Britax sent a new one at no charge. Super easy to replace. Now we are a bit more careful with the headwings. Ironically my son has a 2008 boulevard (about to size out of it) and we never had an issue with his headwings!

Carseat Crazy

Ok, thanks for the reality checks everyone! Will contact Britax and see if they can help... in a calm, polite, rational way...

CPS Fanatic
    This happened to me, and they shipped me a new one for free no questions asked, and it was out of warranty too. Their customer service is great.

I am teaching the technician course this week. One of my students has her 20 month old in a Boulevard 70. The baby has a bad habit when she is mad - she puts her hands up on the outsides of the wings and squeezes them toward her cheeks, breaking the foam. The mom is waiting on her 4th replacement part. I told her to see if Britax would just give her a different seat, like a Marathon (or a good deal on one anyway). Now that the little stinker knows how to break them, she won't stop!
    Renee
    CPST-I and Special Needs Trained
    Mom to 22yo seatbelt, 17yo seatbelt, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid

Quote Originally Posted by spokaneCPST View Post
    I am teaching the technician course this week. One of my students has her 20 month old in a Boulevard 70. The baby has a bad habit when she is mad - she puts her hands up on the outsides of the wings and squeezes them toward her cheeks, breaking the foam. The mom is waiting on her 4th replacement part. I told her to see if Britax would just give her a different seat, like a Marathon (or a good deal on one anyway). Now that the little stinker knows how to break them, she won't stop!
    Poor mama

C~9/06 Boostered in FR85 Livia & Maui C~2/09 Boostered in GN Daisy & Julia
    Driving in 2005 Toyota Camry & 1994 Honda Accord

I see this happening a lot
    *STACY* Mom to: Sage-9, Nevaeh-6.5, Junior-5, Nayeli-1.5