12th Anniversary Carseat Giveaway Contest: Name Those Members

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Win a carseat or gift certificate from Amazon as a thank you for being part of our great community at Car-Seat.Org!

It's our 12th anniversary! Car-Seat.Org was launched in April, 2001. Back then, it had it's own URL, but it wasn't hosted independently. We started on ezboard (now Yuku), one of the major forum providers at the time. It was sort of like how Wordpress, blogspot and others provide blog hosting in addition to their proprietary software. Later, we migrated to a self-hosted vBulletin forum system for reliability and growth. The forum was still quite small at that time. All the posts from Ezboard carried over, as did member names on those posts, but account registrations did not migrate. So, we had to manually verify those who moved from Ezboard as they registered new accounts here. Not too many of those members are still active today.

To win, you must name 10 (and only 10) members who joined while Car-Seat.org was on EZ-boards and who have visited Car-Seat.Org in 2013. I don't count (on any account).

I'm not sure how hard this will be. There are probably some good hints in past contests, user profiles and just by sleuthing the search archives. In response to each guess, I will reply with how many correct guesses you have out of 10. You may guess only one time until I have made a reply, then you may guess again. Anyone may enter. Old timers with good memories may have a slight advantage, but I'm guessing the sleuthers will have the edge.

The winner will receive their choice of carseat from the list below, subject to the following restrictions. The carseat must be sold by Amazon.com and the fashion selected must be indicated as "In Stock", "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and eligible for
check-prime-45x13._V192552839_.gif
shipping. The maximum value for any selection is $90. No substitutions or exceptions, sorry!

1) [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Comfy-Infant-Odyssey/dp/B006ZISS3W/"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite Plus Infant Car Seat, Odyssey: Baby[/ame] or [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-SnugRide-Classic-Connect-Dragonfly/dp/B00AHVR1TK/"]Amazon.com: Graco SnugRide Classic Connect 30 Car Seat, Dragonfly: Baby[/ame]

2) [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-OnSide-Protect-Convertible-Bedrock/dp/B004EBUX8K/"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st OnSide Air Protect Convertible Car Seat, Bedrock Black: Baby[/ame]

3) [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Maestro-Booster-Seat-Taylor/dp/B00AJSIXUM/"]Amazon.com: Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat, Taylor: Baby[/ame]

4) [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-ProBooster-High-Back-Booster/dp/B003IT4YC0/"]Amazon.com: Recaro ProBooster High Back Booster Car Seat, Blue Opal: Baby[/ame] or [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-Vivo-High-Booster-Carbon/dp/B002NYQYOW/"]Amazon.com: Recaro Vivo High Back Booster, Carbon: Baby[/ame] or [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Parkway-Booster-Seat-Onyx/dp/B008HCXIRA/"]Amazon.com: Britax Parkway SG Booster Seat, Onyx: Baby[/ame]

Winner may also opt instead for a $40 Amazon.com or Amazon.ca gift certificate for Canada.

Everyone is eligible! Only 1 winner to be determined by me, in case of any discrepancies or errors, sorry!

Update: Congrats to Brianna for winning, but you can still enter for the consolation prize!

ADS

Brianna

1)murphydog77
2)UlrikeDG
3)mdsvc89
4)Robert
5)pippi2077
6)jmmatlock
7)carseatmom
8)joolsplus3
9)safeinthecar
10)MyLittleTyke

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Murphydog77
UlrikeDG
Mdsvc89
Robert
Pippi2007
Jmmatliock
Carseatmom
Cfrizz
Marytara
Joolsplus3

Edit: DOH! I missed part of the rules! LOL

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
1)murphydog77
2)UlrikeDG
3)mdsvc89
4)Robert
5)pippi2077
6)jmmatlock
7)carseatmom
8)joolsplus3
9)safeinthecar
10)MyLittleTyke

I guess this wasn't nearly as tough as I thought! You have the same 10 I have so congratulations!

I didn't mention the members list in my post, but I'm assuming that was the easiest way to find it:)

StillThankful

1. safeinthecar
2.UlrikeDG
3.Murphydog77
4.Caviller
5.joolsplus3
6.carseatmom
7.jmmatlock
8.mdsvc89
9.MyLittleTyke
10.pippi2077

StillThankful

I guess this wasn't nearly as tough as I thought! You have the same 10 I have so congratulations!

I didn't mention the members list in my post, but I'm assuming that was the easiest way to find it:)

Congrats Brianna!

Ha! I searched so long and found previous contests where you mentioned ezboard, which allowed me to find Caviller, UlrikeDG, Murphydog77, MyLittleTyke and safeinthecar....and then I stumbled across the "members list" search to find the rest:)

Yes, on ezboard the admin name was "carsafety" and my username was "caviller". It changed when we moved off ezboard to a self-hosted vbulletin in Jan 2003. That's why many old posts, even those from a few members around back then, appear as guests. They were imported from ezboard and not associated with new accounts made here.

Ha! I didn't know you were Caviller! I wouldn't have won anyways!:p

Brianna

It's the first place I went to, I remembered it was sort-able :eek:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
This contest is now also closed, congrats Aept!

Win a backless booster or gift certificate! Be rewarded for visiting regularly and watching the Announcements forum:)

All you have to do to enter is to wish Car-Seat.org a happy anniversary on this thread, or to the other anniversary thread. Anyone who has replied to either thread will be entered to win. One entry per member. You may reply more than once, but only one will count.

One winner, selected at random, will receive their choice of backless booster from the two models below, subject to the following restrictions. The booster must be sold by Amazon.com and the fashion selected must be indicated as "In Stock", "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and eligible for
shipping. The maximum value for any selection is $25. No substitutions or exceptions, sorry!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Backless-TurboBooster-Seat-Galaxy/dp/B007UYBOJU/"]Amazon.com: Graco Backless TurboBooster Seat, Galaxy: Baby[/ame] or other backless Graco Turbo models subject to conditions above.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Big-Back-Booster-Seat/dp/B001H0GGNM/"]Amazon.com: Evenflo Big Kid AMP No Back Booster Car Seat - Pink: Baby[/ame] or other backless Evenflo Amp models subject to conditions above.

Winner may also opt instead for a $10 Amazon.com or Amazon.ca gift certificate for Canada.

Everyone is eligible! This is a "flash contest" to thank frequent visitors, so it will be closed within a day or two!

StillThankful

Since that was so fast, I'm adding a random giveaway as well!

Win a backless booster or gift certificate! Be rewarded for visiting regularly and watching the Announcements forum:)

All you have to do to enter is to wish Car-Seat.org a happy anniversary on this thread, or to the other anniversary thread. Anyone who has replied to either thread will be entered to win. One entry per household, please.

One winner, selected at random, will receive their choice of backless booster from the two models below, subject to the following restrictions. The booster must be sold by Amazon.com and the fashion selected must be indicated as "In Stock", "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and eligible for
shipping. The maximum value for any selection is $25. No substitutions or exceptions, sorry!

Amazon.com: Graco Backless TurboBooster Seat, Galaxy: Baby

Amazon.com: Evenflo Big Kid AMP No Back Booster Car Seat - Pink: Baby

Winner may also opt instead for a $10 Amazon.com or Amazon.ca gift certificate for Canada.

Everyone is eligible!

I just won a backless booster Darren, so opt me out of the contest so someone else can win:)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, sortable member list would have made it easy had I: 1) Noticed the part about visiting in 2013, and 2) Been faster than Brianna :p

ctbcleveland

Happy anniversary. I am not as smart as Brianna and therefore was torturing myself by reading old unformatted posts that linked to EZboard. Next year, the list should require people who have also posted in the current year.

ETA - Just a heads up that your evenflo link doesn't include any that ship from Amazon. - I assume you mean any backless amp below the threshold, right?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Graphics-Booster-Retro-Flowers/dp/B006PB2BJQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1365781132&sr=1-4"]Amazon.com: Evenflo AMP Graphics No Back Car Seat Booster, Retro Flowers: Baby[/ame]

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Thank you long time forum members! Please call out members from years ago who you remember for great advice!

In honor of being 10 years since moving off ezboard, our 10 longest-registered members who are not current or former moderators are also getting a subscription (or extension) as a "Thank you" for being long time members.

In order of registration, those non-moderators among the 10 members registered before 2003 will receive benefactor subscriptions through the end of 2013:

mdsvc89, Nov 2001, our longest registered member!
pippi2077, Feb 2002
carseatmom, May, 2002
MyLittleTyke, Nov, 2002

Honorable mentions who registered 10 years ago (2003 or earlier) and have been active in 2013 will receive a supporter subscription for 6 months:

MelllieMa
groovymom2000
CandCfam
racesmom
beebear23
HEVY (who will get a subscription extension even though she registered in early 2004)

Thanks also to some other old timers froim the first few pages of registered members who are still around! Thanks Dawn, shashoo, joyride, tech_raechel, sirrahn, BrookeSLP, Smiles365 and TXDani! Thanks also to all the moderators and past moderators who have been with us for 10 years and are still active, especially Murphydog77 and UlrikeDG who have helped from the very early days along with Robert, jmmatlock, joolsplus3, safeinthecar, griffinmom, LuvBug, Victorious4 and bensmom. Apologies if I missed any of you "old timers" who are still around! We'd love to have our other long time members back, too. Please feel free to send them a note if you are in touch or call them out here if you remember someone who has been on the forum a long, long time and provided you with great advice, but hasn't been back in a while.

Brianna

Re: Thank you long time forum members! Please call out members from years ago who you remember for great advice!

Thank you all so much for sticking around so long :D I'm so glad I found this awesome community!

And for fun... 12 years ago I was 11 :eek: and barely in middle school. Car seats were nowhere near on my radar! (Well, maybe I should have been in a booster still ;))

Last edited:

D&L's-mommy

happy anniversary CSO, thank you for helping me learn how to keep my kids (and kids of friends and family) as safe as possible in the car

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Happy anniversary. I am not as smart as Brianna and therefore was torturing myself by reading old unformatted posts that linked to EZboard. Next year, the list should require people who have also posted in the current year.

ETA - Just a heads up that your evenflo link doesn't include any that ship from Amazon. - I assume you mean any backless amp below the threshold, right?

Amazon.com: Evenflo AMP Graphics No Back Car Seat Booster, Retro Flowers: Baby

Sorry, they must have sold out since the last contest a few days ago!

You may certainly substitute any Evenflo Amp backless or Turbo Backless (subject to the rules above), such as:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Graphics-Booster-Retro-Flowers/dp/B006PB2BJQ/"]Amazon.com: Evenflo AMP Graphics No Back Car Seat Booster, Retro Flowers: Baby[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Back-Booster-Graphic-Stripe/dp/B00AJSIU6O/"]Amazon.com: Evenflo Amp Lx No Back Booster Car Seat, Graphic Red Stripe: Baby[/ame]

momtoo3

Happy 12th Anniversary Car-Seat.org! I wish I would have found this site 12 years ago when we were moving ds1 from his infant carrier to a convertible. So glad to be here now!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC