Considering the Peg Perego HBB 120

CuddlyMonsters

I am currently beyond frustrated with our Graco Turbobooster - if the bottom of that seat falls off one more time I would seriously scream!

So... right now my daughter is in a Graco Turbobooster w/Safety Surround, however the following things bother me about the stinkin' booster seat...

1. The bottom of the seat falls off way too easily, we have to move the seat here and there...
2. She constantly complains that is in uncomfortable to sit in, not well padded (my daughter has sensory issues).
3. No Latch feature, I constantly have to go in behind her to "buckle" it back in because she forgets.
4. It causes friction on our seatbelt, so the seatbelt always gets "stuck"!

I am considering the Peg Perego HBB 120 - anyone own one of these seats can give me some more information?

We have the Peg Convertible and have been very happy with the seat, we love the quality and the features it offers. My 18 month old is still RF in it. My son who is now 4 can no longer fit into it RF - but he still could when we first got the seat (he is in the 87th% for height/weight)...

I am seriously considering the Peg HBB 120 because of the following:
1. It looks like the fabric is similar to that of the Convertible (which we have in Crystal Red), which is nice and breathable, soft and comfy.
2. It has LATCH, which would advoid the whole seat belt issue and having to buckle the darn thing back in...
3. The bottom will fall off, I am assuming.
4. It looks like it offers better padding than the Graco Turbobooster that we currently own and drives me up a wall!

ADS

tiggercat

The peg requires vehicle head support to the tips of the child's ears, if I recall correctly. That may or may not be an issue in your vehicle, but it's something to keep in mind especially if you use it in other vehicles.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

CuddlyMonsters

The main vehicle is a Honda Odyssey, it sometimes is moved into dad's truck which is a Honda Ridgeline. One the rare ocassion my friend picks her up from school the drive a Honda Odyssey/Jeep...

I was also considering the Britax Parkway SGL.

Phineasmama

It's very wide. (the monterey)

I would consider the Graco Affix. It's similar to the Turbo but the back doesn't fall off.

CuddlyMonsters

It's very wide. (the monterey)

I would consider the Graco Affix. It's similar to the Turbo but the back doesn't fall off.

I am very nervous getting another Graco Booster because my daugther finds it uncomfortable to sit in, so I am am looking at other options for seats that offer a little more padding...

Thanks for the suggestion though...

tobypuppy

do you have a specific budget? if not, the kiddy cruiserfix might be a good option. The 7-year-old I babysit finds it quite comfortable and it seems soft.. It's also fairly narrow so it should work pretty well in a 3-across

Phineasmama

The Kiddy is only narrow at the base. So it would be great in between two rear facing seats (like radians) but I couldn't even get a narrow seat next to it FFing in my CRV.

Phineasmama

You are just not going to have many options with that 3 across I'm afraid...unless you change out some of the other seats. You MIGHT try an Oobr, but they are expensive and some kids find them uncomfortable because the seat pan is so short that their knees aren't supported.

CuddlyMonsters

do you have a specific budget? if not, the kiddy cruiserfix might be a good option. The 7-year-old I babysit finds it quite comfortable and it seems soft.. It's also fairly narrow so it should work pretty well in a 3-across

Yes, I would like to say around the $150ish range - I am not wanting to go over $200. The Kiddy Cruiserfix looks really nice, but my hubby would seriously not understand spending $200 on a booster seat...

cowgirlsmommy

Yes, I would like to say around the $150ish range - I am not wanting to go over $200. The Kiddy Cruiserfix looks really nice, but my hubby would seriously not understand spending $200 on a booster seat...

Rumba is on amazon for $186
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007R8XHL2/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1365862045&sr=8-2&pi=SL75"]Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro Car Seat, Rumba:Amazon:Baby[/ame]

jak2005

I need to do a three across with a booster as well. I'd like to have it latch. What are some I could consider? We will spend money for something that will fit.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, Rumba's really red, I can't figure out why the picture is so horribly wrong online. (I thought this blog has a picture of the red, but nope, but still, it's definitely red.... http://carseatblog.com/18008/kiddy-...erman-for-check-out-this-awesome-new-booster/)

Boost Air doesn't fall apart and it's really narrow at the lap belt path, I've found it surprisingly good for three across and light to move (height of the back sometimes moves, but just be aware that it can happen and you'll pick it up differently... [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-Boost-Protect-Booster-Newsboy/dp/B008A3Q15M/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1365949590&sr=1-4&keywords=boost+air"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st Boost Air Protect Booster Car Seat, Newsboy: Baby[/ame])

Phineasmama

Well it's a pretty new booster to the market, so not many people have one yet I don't think. And to be honest most of the features can be found in boosters much less expensive, I have yet to see anything that would justify (for me) the $200 price tag.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC