Okay I feel kind of dumb

rosey2007

I guess that I have never seen a Evenflo Chase up close until today. I couldn't figure out why the Tether harness was on the regular harness (if that makes any sense lol). Are these seats any easier to tighten?

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
1. You shouldn't feel dumb! Take it back!!!!! ;) We all see "new" things. It's how we learn.
2. I think I know what you're talking about. You mean the piece that tightens the harness? I believe the Chase is a continuous harness with one of those! I think they're a pain to be honest. Our donation seats have them and parents are always super confused. My SO's nephew is in one as well, and I think it is significantly harder to tighten and get even on both sides. I would much prefer a typical front adjust. :twocents:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Easier to tighten than.. what?
I used one as my childs primary seat for a couple years and loved it and had no tightening issues. i liked the on-the-harness--adjuster, it keeps the chest clip up. Except, at the VERY end, as your child is at the max of the seat, it can force you to have the chest clip TOOOO high, and that's not cool.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Oh yeah, the chest clip thing is super frustrating too. I feel like C's is always crooked because one side is higher than the other. I guess the harness needs be adjusted a bit since its continuous.

rosey2007

Easier to tighten than.. what?
I used one as my childs primary seat for a couple years and loved it and had no tightening issues. i liked the on-the-harness--adjuster, it keeps the chest clip up. Except, at the VERY end, as your child is at the max of the seat, it can force you to have the chest clip TOOOO high, and that's not cool.

Is it easier to tighten then the front adjust car seats? It still surprises me that I haven't seen this type of adjuster lol.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I actually find them super easy. Just pull UP on the tail (flipping the adjuster upside down) to pull the slack out of the non-adjuster side, then pull DOWN to take up the slack. Repeat as many times as needed until there is no slack.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I actually find them super easy. Just pull UP on the tail (flipping the adjuster upside down) to pull the slack out of the non-adjuster side, then pull DOWN to take up the slack. Repeat as many times as needed until there is no slack.

I have one in the attic and a Teeny nephew to tighten slack on. I'll try to make a video for you guys.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I hate them with a passion.

Give me a regular front-adjust harness any day. The Chase screws with my OCD wanting both sides to BE the same and STAY the same at all times.

I'm not fond of any continuous harness systems, but ones that actually tighten on one side and then have to be evened out and tightened again... I'd just as soon throw it against a wall. Bonkers. It drives me BONKERS, I tell you.

tiggercat

This. I had a chase for my eldest and it was really easy to tighten, IMO. It was a good grandparents seats, because once I taught them the up/down pull, they could always get it nice and tight. They struggle with front adjust seats because they usually skip the "remove slack at the hips" part and then wonder why they can't pull anymore.

I did hate adjusting strap height, on the older models you actually had to use a screwdriver to pop out the plates at the back and brute force to get them back in.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

Keeanh

LOL! Tiggercat, I forgot what a nuisance it was to change harness slots. MIL had an Evenflo Express and I hated how the chest clip was up too high with bigger kids.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Ya, I think it's a love or hate deal. I liked it a lot, and i really don't mind adjusting different sides of a seat. but then, ALL my seats have been continuous harness. I've never had anything swanky like a Britax ;) some people are going to hate them, most probably don't care much. i can see some potential for misuse of course, if they tighten the one side but there is tons of slack in the other side, and they DONT even it out. Overall, I think it's probably as correctly used as most seats? (not that that is saying much)

henrietta

The Chase w/that style adjuster was recently "updated" as the Secure Kid 100/new Chase at Walmart...it doesn't have that type of adjuster anymore. Chances are most of those seats will be expired w/in the next few years and we aren't likely to see any more of them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC