infant foam w/ chaperone

laudymama

Do you usually need it for newborns? I put it in and it makes the seat look kinda weird but went ahead and installed it. After some complications I found out I'm being induced in the morning. The ultrasound this morning estimated baby at 5 lbs 8 oz....

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
For a baby that small, I would use it. :) It can be used for babies from 4-11 pounds, and a 5.5-pounder is certainly on the lower end of that range

wnkw

Dd2 left the hospital at about 7.5 and she didn't need it. She was ok with it, but fit better without. Its easy ti remove.. id put it in just in case

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Lnp838

We didnt use it either. We did our first carseat test around 5.5 lbs and left the NICU around 7.5 lbs (little stinkers prolonged our stay as long as possible!) and I liked the way they fit better without it.

First test (the nurse buckled him so its not tightened all the way):
d8dvs.jpg

Going home:
m7atkw.jpg

Lnp838

i had put it in before we delivered as well and when i put my son in the seat with it for that first pic he was too tall for the first slot with it. I took it out rather than adjust the headrest and found it to be fine without. The "going home" pic they are on the second headrest setting w/out foam insert.

NVMBR02

DD2 was 6lbs even at birth and 5lbs 9 oz when we left the hospital and she didn't need it. I didn't have it in since we were expecting her to be much bigger. I did end up trying the low birth weight foam, and I think I left it in for awhile. I do know she only used it for a few weeks.

For the record, she has a short torso and has since birth.

This is dd2 at about a month old and about 6 and a half pounds without the foam
10734_1208869989371_1457341112_5803.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC