2013 Beetle and Clek Foonf

mcsd33

Just curious if you could tell me more about this combination. If anyone knows if I can actually use the passenger side or if it has the special air bags that are not car seat compatible. Also if anyone has had any luck installing the Cleck Foonf RF. My son is 13 months and I would love to have him in the seat for a long time. I also have a Britax Advocate g3 which is HUGE and the reason for purchasing the Foonf. I can use it in either my other car but would like to know if anyone has anything to suggest or add as I do not have a clue about this car seat and the Beetle airbags.

I have not purchased the Beetle yet but will be this weekend if I can get a positive instal story.

Best, Marissa
ps I used the car seat org link to amazon to purchase the foonf :)

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, so sounds like you are talking about the advanced air bags. I haven't tried the Foonf in a Beetle yet. I will go through my pics and see if I can find anything close. Will there be anyone riding in the passenger seat?

mcsd33

Yes me :) we won't get the beetle if we can't make a car seat safely work. We have the jetta sport wagon now. From doing a comparison online the interiors are almost identical with the leg room actually being greater in the front of the beetle and smaller in the rear. However the cabin is almost identical and since the middle seat is gone completely from the beetle the shoulder width is almost the same per seat. My concern is the advanced air bags since I have no clear understanding. Obviously people drive beetles w car seats? I just don't know which ones. We have an britax advocate G3 as well and can use this instead if it fits. Any info on a Britax install RF for a beetle?

Thanks so much for reading and trying to help. Hoping that it will all work out. And.... The Foonf is HEAVY wow!

lauti

I don't drive a Beetle but I do drive a Fiat 500. Also have owned a Mini Cooper. The issue with these teeny (but cute!) cars is the distance between the back seat and the passenger seat if you need to have a passenger ride with you.

Many a carseat will fit RFing and of course FFing, but just consider if someone needs to ride up front - that's where the issue is.

We had a Britax Marathon and a Combi Zeus in the Mini. We now have a FFing Maxi Cosi Pria and have also had a Recaro ProSport in the Fiat. Obviously the ProSport is a ways off for you. The Pria would fit RFing no doubt (as would most things) but I can't speak to how much leg room it would give you.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
If I haven't bought the car yet, I wouldn't buy the car. Just not worth the headache. Not only do you have a limited space, you have a tall seat. Oh, plus a 2 door car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC