G-3 HUGS Broke!

So, I've had me new G-3 BV for 4 weeks since accident replacement and a HUG broke! The older ones were so flexible and these are so rigid. I shouldn't have been surprised I guess.
It isn't a 'huge' issue since ds is RF and they aren't mandatory for RF, but it irks me.
So, when I call Britax do I need the DOM or Model #? It is pouring out here and I don't feel like standing out in the rain and undoing the carseat to get it if I don't need to :eek:.

www.rearfacingrocks.webs.com

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You most likely do need both. Their CS is usually great, so it should be an easy fix! :)

canadiangie

The new HUGS are unbelievably obnoxious, especially on smaller toddlers. I'd remove them and not think twice about it. Get another set for ff use and tuck them away... IMO. :eek:

(Note: I do not tell every family I work with to remove their HUGS. I know there is a risk of them not being re-added again once baby is ff, and so I only mention removal if the situation warrants it, or the baby is under 3mos old).

creideamh

I called in October/November for the same reason (right before the recall came out), and the CS rep specifically told me that once the replacements came in the mail, to put them away til DD was FF. I did need the DOM and model #.

Well, I called when the rain let up a bit. I did have to stand out there and get the numbers off after I uninstalled the seat, grr. Anyway, she is sending me the old style and the new style : ) I let her know about our car accident several weeks ago and the website I made about it, and also that I had posted a link to the website on the Britax FB page. She told me that it is probably hanging on a bulletin in their office. Britax prints things like that off and hangs it up for the reps, techs and engineers to see, awesome!

www.rearfacingrocks.webs.com

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC