Graco Safe Seat 1 Vs. Chicco Keyfit 30 Vs Baby Trend Flex Loc (Can mamas check/compare padding in lower back for me?)

ADS

angie3096

Re: Graco Safe Seat 1 Vs. Chicco Keyfit 30 (Can mamas check/compare padding in lower back for me?)

I have a SS1 in my living room but I haven't tried to install or use it yet. I pulled back the cover and the cushy foam padding only goes down slightly below the lowest harness slot. No foam under the bum.
The chest clip is a little tricky; it probably will just take some getting used to. I'm wishing though that they made the chest clip on the Regent tricky like that, so my four year old could not undo hers by herself. LOL. It does not have push button LATCH connectors like a Britax or Radian; I find that to be a bummer. I'm spoiled. But I don't see anything that I think I'm going to seriously dislike about it. I would buy another one. I think. Ask me in 6 months! LOL.
I think the shell on the SS1 is supposed to be a lot taller than the Keyfit 30; that was the deciding factor for me. My dd was (is)skinny and I expect her brother will be the same. She outgrew her SR by height at like 14 pounds. (DH and I were both skinny kids).

the7dunlaps

Re: Graco Safe Seat 1 Vs. Chicco Keyfit 30 (Can mamas check/compare padding in lower back for me?)

Thank you! I don't know what the one touch latch connectors are like so that won't bother dh or I I don't think?
Anyone have the gracopedic SS1 that has the extra foam in the butt? Is it on the lower back too or just on the bottom part they sit on? Thanks!

melniemi

I have a keyfit 22 and it is very cushy! Especially with the infant insert that can be used up till 11 pounds - lasted my dd about 2 - 2 1/2 months. I think it is very well padded - I found it to be more padded than the ss1. My dd is now 7 1/2 months, 26ish inches and about 16 pounds and still has plenty of room to grow.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I just wanted to add that I wouldn't worry about the type of LATCH connectors on the SS1. The lock-off is so easy to use, that I install mine with the seatbelt because it's faster than messing with LATCH connectors and tightening the LATCH belt.

(Sorry I can't help with comparison, I haven't seen the other 2 seats. My ds has had no complaints about the SS1 though.)

whineandchz

If you are looking for one with more padding and will last the longest then I would get one of the Safeseats w/ the memory foam. The two I know that have it are these two:
http://www.albeebaby.com/grinsas18ain1.html
http://www.albeebaby.com/grinsas18ain.html

The keyfit is very well padded as well. It goes up to 30lbs and 30" where the SS1 goes up to 30 and 32". Both install very easily.

The babytrend is pretty well padded too not as much as the other two IMO. It only goes up to 22lbs and 28" (pretty sure on the height). I did not get a good install w/ it in my Honda Pilot with either the latch or the car's seatbelt and ended up returning it.

the7dunlaps

Thank You Mamas!

Question, does anyone know if the SSI seats with memory foam have padding in the lower back too? And the ones with gracopedic foam, is that just on the seat where the butt goes itself, or is that in the lower back too?

Thanks!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC