Does anybody have a Ford Focus with the new(er) design?

ADS

Swmnmom

We have a 2011 Focus but we have been test driving 2012s and 2013s. All seem to work well with our seats as we have installed a Radian and a Frontier in every test drive we have done.

geekKT

DH just got a 2013 Focus ST hatch. He loves it. I haven't played with it too much, but have had a TFP in it FF and a Via. Seems okay to me, nothing sticks out as being carseat unfriendly at this point. The seats are somewhat slanted, I needed extra propping for the base of the Via to get it to level. I don't love the way the TFP fits in it FF but it's not bad.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've had a Radian RF in my mom's - I think it's a 2012. To have any leg room at all in the passenger seat you absolutely need an angle adjuster, and even then it's squishy. Installs really easily though. I also had a True Fit in FF and didn't recall any problems with it. IIRC the head rests are okay to remove when installing, it's just not super roomy front to back.

Last edited:

geekKT

IIRC the head rests are okay to remove when installing, it's just not super room front to back.

Pretty much. The TF installed without much issue, but it was behind tall DH, and it seemed like DS had barely any leg room. I don't have much FF experience to compare to, though. As DS rides RF 99.9% of the time anyway, he just folded them up and was fine.

I haven't even considered trying the RXT in it. Maybe when winter decides it's finally done...

Mae

I've had a Radian RF in my mom's - I think it's a 2012. To have any leg room at all in the passenger seat you absolutely need an angle adjuster, and even then it's squishy. Installs really easily though. I also had a True Fit in FF and didn't recall any problems with it. IIRC the head rests are okay to remove when installing, it's just not super room front to back.

Re-reading this, would you be able to post a picture that shows the amt of leg room for the front passenger with a RF RN? I do have an AA, so that's good!

Mae

We had a 2013 at class last week. We put a whole bunch of seats in it, including the Nextfit.

We have a 2011 Focus but we have been test driving 2012s and 2013s. All seem to work well with our seats as we have installed a Radian and a Frontier in every test drive we have done.

I've had a Radian RF in my mom's - I think it's a 2012. To have any leg room at all in the passenger seat you absolutely need an angle adjuster, and even then it's squishy. Installs really easily though. I also had a True Fit in FF and didn't recall any problems with it. IIRC the head rests are okay to remove when installing, it's just not super room front to back.

By chance, do you guys know if there is a place to RF tether in the Focus?

Mae

I don't remember what it's called :eek: but the kind you pull out all the way and then let go. Sliding buckle thingy.

The track that the front seat slides on is good. D ring just fits.

Switchable retractor? :p

You have an older style Focus, right? Or did you get a new car? :D

munchkin

Switchable retractor? :p

You have an older style Focus, right? Or did you get a new car? :D

Yes!

No I still have my older one but I played in a few newer, but now that I think about it I could be confusing the seat track with the fiesta. So only believe me about the seatbelts not the d ring thing ;)

Pixelated

Re-reading this, would you be able to post a picture that shows the amt of leg room for the front passenger with a RF RN? I do have an AA, so that's good!

Sorry I didn't see this, I don't read in here much! She's in Ontario and I'm in BC...but I'm going there in two weeks and will have my seat with me. If I can remember to take a pic I will. I'm 5'8 with long legs and it was tight for me in the front seat. Doable but tight. Forgot to say that the AA makes the seat VERY upright. I wouldn't want it more upright than it is but my 2.5 year old never sleeps in the car anyway so head flop isn't an issue for her.

Pixelated

Here we go - I remembered!

Radian in a 12 Focus hatchback. The front seat is pretty far forward, and I'm pretty snug in the front seat (5'8 with long legs), and the seat back is very upright. Without the angle adjuster the front seat would be essentially unusable I think.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC