How difficult is this going to be?

MaKoski

I'm finally going to get a chance to take the CPST class next month... I've been waiting a while, we live in a kind of remote area... the only problem I'm seeing is that I will be 37 weeks pregnant at the time of the class.(my last DD went to 41+ weeks, so I'm not worried about having the baby by then) Anyone taken the class while pregnant? Any pointers/hints/ideas?

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I think you'll be fine if you're still mobile. I had a really tough pregnancy last time and there's no way I could have done it; but I could barely walk across the room at 37 weeks. In my previous two pregnancies I don't think it would have been an issue.

NVMBR02

I took my class while pregnant, but I was only 24 week. I didn't have any trouble but I wasn't very far along. I probably could have taken it at 37 weeks, I did do a check even when I was right about 38 weeks and didn't have any trouble with that.

It will just depend on how your pregnancy is going and if you are experiencing any pain and/or complications.

tiggercat

I was ~30 weeks with my daughter when I took the course and I was fine.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I was very newly pregnant, so no help to you. i can see a couple of possible issues. the first being that regardless of your birth history, it is VERY possible that something might happen to either put your on some for of bedrest, etc or you might have the baby early. Beyond that, I can see the instructor sort of freaking out and having issues with you being in the class. Lots of people (especially first responders, police, fire, etc) treat pregnant woman like ticking time bombs. Beyond that, recommendations would be to make sure you bring things with you to stay hydrated and not hungry. don't try to hotdog with installs... you really don't want to hurt yourself.

MaKoski

I'm just hopeing there isn't a van at the car seat check that has seats in the 3rd row with 2 rf seats in captians chairs... The same set up as I have... because I don't think I could get back there anymore and install seats.

No complications with DD2 or current pregnancy, DD2 wasn't ready at 41+ weeks but at 9lbs 1.1oz doc was worried she wouldn't come out if we let her go to 42weeks.

I warned the instructor so she wont be shocked/scared. The 80 mile each way drive is going to suck.... but I really want to take the class. And then I won't have to fight with the nurses at the hospital who want me to bring my convertable seat in to the hospital to bring #3 home.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I was 36 weeks for the course and 37 at my first check. I wasn't allowed to install any RF convertibles if they required getting in behind the seat to do it, but other than that I was fine. I brought a yoga ball to sit on, wore my comfiest pants all of the days, and took as many bathroom breaks as needed. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC