pt cruiser or saturn vue?

ADS

canadiangie

Parts for Saturn should stay in production for at least the next ten years, so says google, so that's good. After that, aftermarket parts should exist.

Vue is definitely roomy. The one that I worked in most recently allowed for two classic MA's side by side. Good indicator that three-across would be doable.

PT Cruiser doesn't do anything for me, and I loved my Saturn when I owned one. :eek:

So I'd be leaning towards the Vue. :)

SavsMom

Of the two I would go with the Vue.

The PT Cruiser is notorious for mechanical issues and I would avoid it for sure.

The VUE shares many components as other GM vehicles so I wouldn't be concerned about them not being made anymore.
I have a friend with a VUE with over 120,000 miles on it, she has had no issues with it and its still running great.

Mysweethoneybee

We were going to by a PT Cruiser and seriously there isn't much room in the back seat. But the reason we didn't buy is that it had a couple of "minor" mechanical problems that would have been less than $200 to fix on our van, but it was going to cost around $2000 on the PT cruiser because the way the engine is arranged labor costs are horrible.

MommaMia

Go with the VUE. I owned a 2008 until last year when I traded it in for a van. LOVED it. And my sister is still driving my 2002 Saturn sedan with over 200k miles.

Jessica61624

I was looking at vues when car shopping and dropped them from the list when I read about some major issues. I can't remember what years now. And I'd never buy a Chrysler/Dodge again. Did you try out your seats in the pt cruiser? You don't want something so small they just fit.

Vue. Oh most definitely the Vue.

Saturn actually made good cars (or pulled good cars from GM's european brands and rebadged them). Just no one gave them a chance.

The PT Cruiser wasn't a very good car, but was popular for a while because the styling was so distinctive.

morninglori

I vote for the VUE too! I currently drive an '03 V6AWD with a little over 130k mikes. There's been a few minor repairs that we've had to make over the years, but nothing major.

I had a '96 Saturn SC2 before that was driving great at 120k miles, but I got rearended by a 16yo and it was totaled. Nothing major with that saturn either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC