• Wait for Signo

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Get another Boulevard now

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dluciew

So I have a Signo on pre-order from Elitecarseat (I was able to order it at $259 with the return shipping insurance with free shipping to me). I have a Blvd right now in my car for my 18 month old RF son. The new seat is for DH's car. Would you wait on the Signo or get another Blvd now (Babyage $240)?

ADS

ZephyrBlue

I sold our BLVD to buy the Como and now I'm really regretting it- just because of the issues that have come up with the Como (the head bolster being mandatory for certain harness positions, RF height max, no RF tether capability, and there has been at least one person who has had trouble with the straps twisting and folding over the buckle tongues). If I were you, I would buy the BLVD, since none of us have any idea what "issues" the Signo is going to come with. :twocents:

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We have the Boulevard seats also and love them. I would love to try the Signo out but at the price that the Boulevard seats are now I'd snatch one of them up!!! :D

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
Boulevard. It's such a great seat.

I'm always leery of buying anything when it first comes out. I'd be more inclined to look at Recaro seat in 6 months or maybe a year from now, when all the kinks get worked out.

niccig

I'm in the same position as you. I was going to get a Como or a Signo for DH's car. I've been waiting for ages for these seats, and I'm not happy with the confusion over the RF issues. I know these will get sorted out in time, but I'm not willing to wait. I know the BV works in our cars. The main factor for me is my son's height/weight. He's 2 yo 8 months, 27 lbs, 34" and 13" torso, so in the BV we have plenty of RF time left (I expect until age 4), and then FF probably to around 6. Then I'll look at what seats are available then. Yes, the Como/Signo would take us FF past 6, but what I really need now is a RF seat. I also would like to see the RF como in my car in person to make sure DS could climb in it (higher up than what the BV is). I've driven DH crazy listing all the pros and cons, because both seats have them. I've decided to go with what will work for us now rather than what might/might not work when DS is 6. So, I got a BV from Baby Age.

You may differ depending on your child's height/weight, whether you can wait etc.

HTH

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I have been really thinking this through also. We have DS (18 months) and DD (5 months). We retired our RAs at the beginning of Aug, so we had to replace them with one new seat for DS. We bought him the BV. I just couldn't wait for the Recaros. Now DD is 18 pounds and going to need a new seat in the next month or so. I was thinking about getting a Recaro seat for her and switching later if we needed. But with some people having install issues and no rearfacing tether. I have decided that we are just going to get a BV. I know that seat and have never had an install problem with any of our Britax seats. My kids will probably outgrow the seats by at least 6 years old. But that is okay with me.

Stefanie

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Does anybody have any codes for babyage.com or babycatalog.com? Also what has your ordering experise been like? DH doesn't really want to order off the internet, but I want the seat now. If we don't buy it online, it will be a 4 hour drive each way to get the seat we need.

Stefanie

southpawboston

i would get a BV in a heartbeat rather than wait for the signo IF IF IF the top slots were taller than they are. i'm afraid the BV just doesn't seem worth the money if my kiddo will outgrow by 45-50 lbs and can only rearface to 33. :twocents:

that's why i'm holding out for signo.

lovinwaves

I sold our BLVD to buy the Como and now I'm really regretting it- just because of the issues that have come up with the Como (the head bolster being mandatory for certain harness positions,

The Head bolster is NOT mandatory. It can be removed at any time.

Per CEO of Recaro yesterday.

lovinwaves

Yes, and the project manager/engineer told me Friday it was mandatory....Who do you believe?

The CEO said that manager/engineer should have never spoken to anyone. I don't remember the manual saying it was "mandatory" :confused:

In my personal opinion the head bolster, and thigh bolster are only for comfort, NOT safety. The EPS Foam is located in the sides of the seat. The bolsters are merely pillows.

arly1983

Page 16 of Recaro Como manual:

"We strongly suggest parents keep the headrest in position when the shoulder straps are in the lowest two slots. When the upper three slots are being used, the headrest is optional. The Como is no less safe without the headrest in the seat."

The project manager was probably talking to people because the CSRs were so clueless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC