Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

View Poll Results: Signo/Boulevard/Other

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wait for Signo

5 29.41%
  • Get another Boulevard now

12 70.59%
  • Other

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

WWYD - Blvd on sale now or wait for Signo

So I have a Signo on pre-order from Elitecarseat (I was able to order it at $259 with the return shipping insurance with free shipping to me). I have a Blvd right now in my car for my 18 month old RF son. The new seat is for DH's car. Would you wait on the Signo or get another Blvd now (Babyage $240)?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: WWYD - Blvd on sale now or wait for Signo

I sold our BLVD to buy the Como and now I'm really regretting it- just because of the issues that have come up with the Como (the head bolster being mandatory for certain harness positions, RF height max, no RF tether capability, and there has been at least one person who has had trouble with the straps twisting and folding over the buckle tongues). If I were you, I would buy the BLVD, since none of us have any idea what "issues" the Signo is going to come with.

Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar

We have the Boulevard seats also and love them. I would love to try the Signo out but at the price that the Boulevard seats are now I'd snatch one of them up!!!
    Mom to four ages 24 to 11. Busia to my new grandson. Chicco Nextfit only seat we own.

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

I'd get another Boulevard. The RF tether is awesome.

Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me. ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Boulevard. It's such a great seat.

I'm always leery of buying anything when it first comes out. I'd be more inclined to look at Recaro seat in 6 months or maybe a year from now, when all the kinks get worked out.
    Namegirl
    DD in Turbo
    DS in Turbo, Pioneer
    DS in Diono
    DD in Britax B-Safe

Carseat Crazy

I'm in the same position as you. I was going to get a Como or a Signo for DH's car. I've been waiting for ages for these seats, and I'm not happy with the confusion over the RF issues. I know these will get sorted out in time, but I'm not willing to wait. I know the BV works in our cars. The main factor for me is my son's height/weight. He's 2 yo 8 months, 27 lbs, 34" and 13" torso, so in the BV we have plenty of RF time left (I expect until age 4), and then FF probably to around 6. Then I'll look at what seats are available then. Yes, the Como/Signo would take us FF past 6, but what I really need now is a RF seat. I also would like to see the RF como in my car in person to make sure DS could climb in it (higher up than what the BV is). I've driven DH crazy listing all the pros and cons, because both seats have them. I've decided to go with what will work for us now rather than what might/might not work when DS is 6. So, I got a BV from Baby Age.

You may differ depending on your child's height/weight, whether you can wait etc.

HTH

Carseat Crazy

Does anyone know how long the sale is at Babyage?

I think it goes until 9/14.
    Namegirl
    DD in Turbo
    DS in Turbo, Pioneer
    DS in Diono
    DD in Britax B-Safe

Carseat Crazy

Now DH's saying we don't "need" one for his car. But of course we do

CPS Technician

I have been really thinking this through also. We have DS (18 months) and DD (5 months). We retired our RAs at the beginning of Aug, so we had to replace them with one new seat for DS. We bought him the BV. I just couldn't wait for the Recaros. Now DD is 18 pounds and going to need a new seat in the next month or so. I was thinking about getting a Recaro seat for her and switching later if we needed. But with some people having install issues and no rearfacing tether. I have decided that we are just going to get a BV. I know that seat and have never had an install problem with any of our Britax seats. My kids will probably outgrow the seats by at least 6 years old. But that is okay with me.

Stefanie

Carseat Crazy

Just wanted to let you know www.babycatalog.com has them for $239 with free shipping, whereas Babyage charges $7.95 to ship...so you save $9. (Hey, money's money, right?)

CPS Technician

Does anybody have any codes for babyage.com or babycatalog.com? Also what has your ordering experise been like? DH doesn't really want to order off the internet, but I want the seat now. If we don't buy it online, it will be a 4 hour drive each way to get the seat we need.

Stefanie

CPS Fanatic

i would get a BV in a heartbeat rather than wait for the signo IF IF IF the top slots were taller than they are. i'm afraid the BV just doesn't seem worth the money if my kiddo will outgrow by 45-50 lbs and can only rearface to 33.

that's why i'm holding out for signo.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrBlue View Post
    I sold our BLVD to buy the Como and now I'm really regretting it- just because of the issues that have come up with the Como (the head bolster being mandatory for certain harness positions,
    The Head bolster is NOT mandatory. It can be removed at any time.

Per CEO of Recaro yesterday.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    The Head bolster is NOT mandatory. It can be removed at any time.

Per CEO of Recaro yesterday.
    Yes, and the project manager/engineer told me Friday it was mandatory....Who do you believe?

Quote Originally Posted by arly1983 View Post
    Yes, and the project manager/engineer told me Friday it was mandatory....Who do you believe?
    The CEO said that manager/engineer should have never spoken to anyone. I don't remember the manual saying it was "mandatory"

In my personal opinion the head bolster, and thigh bolster are only for comfort, NOT safety. The EPS Foam is located in the sides of the seat. The bolsters are merely pillows.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

Senior Community Member

Page 16 of Recaro Como manual:

"We strongly suggest parents keep the headrest in position when the shoulder straps are in the lowest two slots. When the upper three slots are being used, the headrest is optional. The Como is no less safe without the headrest in the seat."

The project manager was probably talking to people because the CSRs were so clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by arly1983 View Post
    The project manager was probably talking to people because the CSRs were so clueless.
    I doubt he will be talking to anyone again, since he is obviously giving out very wrong information
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9