How much does the GN weigh?

Mae

Does anybody have one on hand? I looked at the data/measurement forum and it says it weighs 20lbs! I didn't think it weighed that much... can anybody double check that?

ADS

Mae

Crud! I just posted on FB and a few ladies also said it weighs around 20. That's not good -- I was expecting less than that.

That means kiddo has to not grow at all anymore. I have three more pounds until I can't use LATCH ... but my seatbelt is broken. Locking latchplate; I broke the plastic part of the locking latchplate. Can I just use a locking clip?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I would have thought the Nauti was lighter than that, too.

What vehicle?

You can use a locking clip on a lap-shoulder belt with a broken locking latchplate.

Mae

This is totally not making me happy. I do NOT want to use a locking clip. I love my LATCH install. Sooooo easy. This is going to be so hard now. :(

*sulks*

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Mae

I broke the other one, too. Sigh.

I'm going to stop by the dealership and see what the cost will be to fix it. I wish I could use the LATCH forever!

Mae

Holy Christ! $92 for the part plus $100 for labor. In that case I could buy a whole new car seat with a built in lock off and save more money!

Mae

Nautilus Elite... Built in lockoffs, right? Just like the older SS1 lockoffs?

Brianna

That's expensive! Yes, the Nautilus Elite has built in lockoffs, no clue on if they're similar to SS1.

Mae

Do they still make it?? BBB and BRU website doesn't have them!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Do they still make it?? BBB and BRU website doesn't have them!

Oh, I didn't realize it said discontinued. :eek:

I found one that is being released in May....
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nautilus-Elite-Seat-Tangerine/dp/B00BR0OMGA"]Amazon.com: Graco Nautilus Elite 3-in-1 Car Seat, Tangerine: Baby[/ame]

Cons: it's $200 and has the new buckle that people seem to dislike/have trouble with.
Pros: Lockoff and fun color!

Mae

I can just put the new style buckle from my current GN on it. I can also get a new seatbelt for the same price, but the GN may just break it again, yk?

CTPDMom

All I have to say is this new child weight+seat weight BS is NOT gonna be fun! Not if in this thread alone, for ONE seat, we've got 3 different possible weights. :rolleyes:

Mae

All I have to say is this new child weight+seat weight BS is NOT gonna be fun! Not if in this thread alone, for ONE seat, we've got 3 different possible weights. :rolleyes:

Exactly!

So what weight do we follow for the car seat? Manufacture provided weight? Take it onto a scale? How do we ensure the scale is right?

CTPDMom

Exactly!

So what weight do we follow for the car seat? Manufacture provided weight? Take it onto a scale? How do we ensure the scale is right?

Yup, all that...not to mention, how are they going to get this info out to techs and be sure they know it?

I asked the guys I work with about it, they stared at me blankly. :cool:

tiggercat

The latch manual lists the nautilus at 26lb, so I'd use that weight.

Edited because I was curious and weighed my training Nauti 19.4lb. Pretty big discrepancy. Maybe my Nauti went on a diet? Bwhaha.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC