anti-rebound combi centre......thoughts???

super_grape

i found this at elitecarseats this morning....looks interesting:
http://www.elitecarseats.com/Combi-Centre-DX.pro

i love that you get the abti-rebound when you use the seat
w/o base (we do that a lot!) but the design seems a little obtrusive for the baby - my kids would have either used it as a foot rest or spent all their time in the car kicking it:rolleyes:.

so what does everyone else think?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think it's cool. (Um...no other deep thoughts there, the rest of the seat is a tad sucky...it'd be nice if they'd put more effort into it, but that bar is cool...)

:)

super_grape

I think it's cool. (Um...no other deep thoughts there, the rest of the seat is a tad sucky...it'd be nice if they'd put more effort into it, but that bar is cool...)

:)

can you tell me what you don't like about the seat:)?
i am thinking of getting this or the regular centre for the new baby
and am intrested in the pros and cons (all i can find online is that
the canopy seems to bug a lot of people:p....
thanks julie!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It has a plastic puzzle buckle, it's a b!tch to buckle. The handle is a pain to get up and down. I had the DX (whatever has the sliding seatback...?) I liked that, but it added a lot of weight to the seat. My memories of it are fading, but I gave it to a non-carseat savvy parent, rather than subject it to my carseat loving friends :cool:

super_grape

It has a plastic puzzle buckle, it's a b!tch to buckle. The handle is a pain to get up and down. I had the DX (whatever has the sliding seatback...?) I liked that, but it added a lot of weight to the seat. My memories of it are fading, but I gave it to a non-carseat savvy parent, rather than subject it to my carseat loving friends :cool:

Ahh...ok, well i'm weird and really like the puzzle buckle:p (that is, as
long as it's like the baby trend plastic buckle). I guess i'm gonna need to play with the handle a bit more next time and see if it bugs me....sheesh! decisions, decisions - why can't all infant seats be
the most perfect and the best so it would be impossible for me to over think it and then worry if i've made the right decision:rolleyes:.
my dh thinks i'm nuts - the seat matches our stroller so what else should matter;)....

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I spent a couple hours with one of the Combi techs discussing and pllaying with it. The handle doesn't move as smoothly as I would like, and the haress release button is completely covered with fabric, making it hard to figure out exactly where it is.

Other than that, it is not a bad seat. It will hold average sized kiddos til around 9-10 months and is a decent fit for tiny newborns. It installs well, with and without base. The padding and fabric is pretty good, I'd say similar to a Graco. It didn't seem like the harness was prone to twist, but my model was a doll so a real life wriggling child might make a difference.

All in all not bad, but the mystery position harnes release drives me batty. I suppose you could sew a button hole in the cover to correct that but I personally would be way to lazy to do that when there are seats on the market at the same price or less that don't need it.

Kimberly

super_grape

It's the silver and green one in my vast collection... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats

awwww...she was so tiny!
i have small newborns that didn't fit in the snugride well at all (well, allie didn't...katie had a LL) until about
2 months (despite the chubby:)) or so which is one reason i'm liking this seat.
the LL was great for katie but i'm not interested in dealing with that wiggly handle again and i think their fabrics are kinda ugly:rolleyes:.
thanks for the pictures, julie!

super_grape

I spent a couple hours with one of the Combi techs discussing and pllaying with it. The handle doesn't move as smoothly as I would like, and the haress release button is completely covered with fabric, making it hard to figure out exactly where it is.

Other than that, it is not a bad seat. It will hold average sized kiddos til around 9-10 months and is a decent fit for tiny newborns. It installs well, with and without base. The padding and fabric is pretty good, I'd say similar to a Graco. It didn't seem like the harness was prone to twist, but my model was a doll so a real life wriggling child might make a difference.

All in all not bad, but the mystery position harnes release drives me batty. I suppose you could sew a button hole in the cover to correct that but I personally would be way to lazy to do that when there are seats on the market at the same price or less that don't need it.

Kimberly

Thanks kimberly:)!!!!!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
awwww...she was so tiny!
i have small newborns that didn't fit in the snugride well at all (well, allie didn't...katie had a LL) until about
2 months (despite the chubby:)) or so which is one reason i'm liking this seat.
the LL was great for katie but i'm not interested in dealing with that wiggly handle again and i think their fabrics are kinda ugly:rolleyes:.
thanks for the pictures, julie!

In what way did the SR not fit your kiddos? I've put 4 lbers in a SR with good results.

Kimberly

super_grape

In what way did the SR not fit your kiddos? I've put 4 lbers in a SR with good results.

Kimberly

my last baby was below the bottom harness slots and the crotch buckle rode high on her and jabbed her in the belly....it just wasn't
a good fit unti she was about 7-8 ish weeks old and then it was much better...i never really loved it tho and she hated it.
we bought her a safeseat after that and she loved it!
the issue with the harness slots only lasted about 2 weeks tho.
the LL my oldest was in was a pefect fit from day one (harness slots were super low, small chestclip, and adjustable crotch strap)
so i was kinda hoping for a more tiny newborn friendly seat:).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC