Not good to buy car seat from Toysrus Canada

U

Unregistered

I regretted that I bought car seat from toyrus (babiesrus). Gave me another chance I will never buy a car seat from toyrus (babiesrus). I bought one and found out that it didn't fit to my baby. The next business day I went to return, and they refused! I used to think it is safe to buy from them because it is easy to return since they are not small company. But I know I am naive now.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with your car seat. Babies R Us is one of the few large stores that allows a customer to try a floor model in their vehicle before purchasing so it's a place we often recommend to buy from.

Most retailers don't allow returns of car seats because they can't re-sell the seat to another customer for safety reasons. Even if the seat appears to be in perfect condition the store employees would have no way of knowing if it was still safe to use or sell to another customer. Stores that do accept returns (Walmart, for one) destroy returned seats for that very reason.

Perhaps we could help you adjust the seat to better fit your child or your vehicle? Can you provide some information about the seat, your child's age and weight, and the vehicle it's going into?

farrbabies

At toysrus its a 45 day return policy as long as you have the reciept. They will and have to take it back if it is incompatible. Once I asked to use their demo seats to try and they put up such a stink about it. Go ahead and return it if it is unsuitable or incompatible after trying tips from the techs here or one in your area. And in the end, if you want to return it then you have 45 days to do so. If you have a problem again then call the 1-800 toysrus number and they will say you have 45 days. I'm nost sure if toysrus gets full credit from the manufacture..but walmart and canadian tire do.

amyd

I returned a car seat to Toy R Us last week. Granted, I hadn't opened the box, but I didn't have any issues at all.

tam_shops

Did you *use* the seat? Are the tags still attached? If it's unused, then I'd try that store again, with someone else working, or another store.

If that didn't work, I'd call for the manager and/of head office...

Anyone know their official policy? Or is this a store by store basis? I returned a seat there once, tags on, no problem. Our local store is a pain to return stuff to, in general, but the one in the next city over is no problem at all. I make the trip and complain about it the entire way...

So sorry!

tam

AllieCanada

Our local store will take open boxed car seats back as long as the registration card is still attached to the seat and all pieces, manual etc are included. As to what they do with the seat when it is returned I have no idea. Personally, I feel safer buying car seats from stores that don't allow opened seats to be returned that way I am guaranteed to know that the seat I purchased has never been used before.

nutritionistmom

CPST Instructor
"Our return policy remains the same as usual: car seats can be returned within 45 days of purchase, provided that they are unused, in their original undamaged carton, in saleable condition, with blank warranty card attached. Unless of course the car seat was reduced and sold as “final sale” (commonly done with floor models) in which case, they are obviously not returnable." - as per email from local store manager.
They can and do take them back at my location without a box, but prefer not to.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
"Our return policy remains the same as usual: car seats can be returned within 45 days of purchase, provided that they are unused, in their original undamaged carton, in saleable condition, with blank warranty card attached. Unless of course the car seat was reduced and sold as “final sale” (commonly done with floor models) in which case, they are obviously not returnable." - as per email from local store manager.
They can and do take them back at my location without a box, but prefer not to.

This is the return policy at my store as well. Everything has to be there, registration card still attached, seat unused and in saleable condition. I have seen them take back seats that don't have the registration card attached before depending on the reason given and the date on the receipt.

We strongly encourage families to try seats in their vehicles and bring their kids in when seat shopping so that they know the seat fits properly before purchasing it. Unfortunately many families aren't willing to take that advice and buy a seat with having never placed their child in it or having tried the seat in their vehicle.

OP - what is the problem you're having so far as your child fitting the seat? Maybe we can help you adjust the seat so it fits her properly?

farrbabies

I've stated, incompatibility and even an open box seat. Well I know now not to buy an open box seat...they said a lady bought it online and returned it because it didn't fit. Then they sold it without the box because they didn't have the box anymore. I was able to return it the very next day without a problem. My toysrus also sells old floor models too. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC