Recaro Prosport- fit questions

Our nautilus was getting old and ratty looking, and expires either at the end of this year or next, anyway, so I bought my son the blue seat he's been begging for since he realized carseats came in colors.

Is it ok to use like this? This is the lowest shoulder setting that fits him (I think it's 2nd from the highest), but it puts the headrest SO high.
If I removed the pad on the seat, he would probably fit in the lower harness setting--is it worth it to see?
In the house, lower setting:
DSCF4707_zps741901e7.jpg

In the house, higher setting that fits him:
DSCF4705_zps1822cc55.jpg

Installed in the car, higher setting:
6d6402c0-f358-4785-a92a-06ab769b3e07_zps0dd0f94e.jpg

ADS

HaileysMommy

I would remove the pad simply because it moves around a lot and is really annoying. This is kinda how DD looked in the PS too...let me find a pic...

Eta: ok I lied but this was DD on the second slot (I think), yes she is short for her age lol. If I still had the seat I would probably have to bump her up and she would look like your son. What I did to keep her on the lower slot and the wings lower was to get the seat as upright as I could and no pad. I knew the wings would be high when she had to bump up and I planned on flipping the recline wedge and I would have used that darn pad if needed. But yes, your son looks fine on the highest setting but were it ME I would see if I could get him on the lower setting so the belt guides aren't at face level. (Sorry I just garbled all that and I'm sure it's painful to read).

View attachment 20644

Last edited:

kate4478

The way you have it installed in the vehicle seems fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC