Graco replacement buckle - not impressed.

V

VanIsleMommy

My myride harness went moldy in storage (grr...) so I called and ordered a new harness. It came today and I'm less than impressed. The straps are thinner and the buckle is smaller and harder to close and open. It kind of...sucks. Are they all like this now or is there a way to get a better one??

Not a huge deal breaker as the myride is going in DH's truck most likely, but it makes me love the seat a little less and I KNOW DH will complain. Graco seats are usually his favorite due to the harness.

ADS

amelia222

:( that sucks. Mine was borrowed and returned moldy last week. Since it's a 3rd spare seat it just went to the dump, not worth replacing the harness and cover.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What a bummer to have the seat go moldy.

The replacement buckle isn't bad once you get used to it. I think it's what Graco is using on all their seats except possibly the snugride 22. (Haven't seen a recent SR22 to know for sure though.)

Lots of Evenflo are using the same style buckle now. I will miss the old style too, but don't mind the new style - I think it's good for houdini kids as it takes more thumb strength. On the flip side, people with limited thumb strength will probably really have issues with the different style of release.

Hopefully it gets easier to adjust to and your dh figures it out ok. If he plays with it a few times to "feel" the way that the buckle tongues click in and the way that the button pushes in, he should have an easier time with it.

Brianna

Be sure to insert the tongs straight down- if they're at an angle it's more difficult. Press the release button at the small indent at the top- not in the middle.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If it's the same as the Graco buckle here, that's the one people's kids have been getting stuck in. If it happens to you make sure you report it not just to Graco but to Transport Canada...

Keeks64

It's weird my SR35 buckle is the same as the MR65 but my SR35 is wayyyy easier to use ....I can buckle DS in 2.2 seconds but the MR takes forever as it seems to "stick" (but not get "stuck") & the harness itself does seem thinner almost although I'm sure it's just my imagination lol

V

VanIsleMommy

I do have a sticky nautilus chest clip that I still need to report but not sure about this one.

I might call and see if there is a different one.. This one sucks and is hard to buckle.

snowbird25ca

I do have a sticky nautilus chest clip that I still need to report but not sure about this one.

I might call and see if there is a different one.. This one sucks and is hard to buckle.

I've seen a few of the Nautilus chest clips that are a bit difficult to undo at first - but they do come apart and seem to get easier to use with use - in what way does yours stick? I'm wondering if it's the same thing I've noticed.

V

VanIsleMommy

the chest clip started out fine, in fact even DS could undo it, but 2 years later when we try to unbuckle him for some reason it won't unbuckle. we have to fiddle with it for a while to get it to release. if I get some time I will take it off the harness and run some soapy water through it in case it's just food stuck in there or something.

snowbird25ca

the chest clip started out fine, in fact even DS could undo it, but 2 years later when we try to unbuckle him for some reason it won't unbuckle. we have to fiddle with it for a while to get it to release. if I get some time I will take it off the harness and run some soapy water through it in case it's just food stuck in there or something.

Thanks, can you keep me posted? This is the kind of thing that would be good to know in case I hear from other parents with the same problem.

V

VanIsleMommy

Don't know why this didn't occur to me.. Smart people already figured this out but you can use the old buckle with the new harness webbing. Made my day!!

I haven't had a chance to fiddle with the other buckle on the nautilus.

W

wesleyaparker@gmail.com

They offered replacements for a year before a recall happened. I never heard about the recall until it was too late. My son got stuck in his car seat when we had a car fire. I got burned on 18% of my body getting him out and he got burned on 28% being stuck because of a buckle they knew was defective. We have a federal lawsuit pending...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC