still safe to use booster past 57"?

MamaBird06

My ds is 6, and will be 7 in July. He is currently 56" and his booster only goes to 57" but I feel like he would be safer still in the booster until he is 8. State law says if he has passed any of the 3 guidelines: 57"+, 80lbs+ or 8 years he no longer needs a booster, his booster goes to 100lbs and he is not quite 80lbs yet, just getting close to outgrowing the height. He is extremely tall for his age and I anticipate him to be over 57" by summers end as last summer he grew 4 inches.

So my main concern is can he continue to to use the booster after he is exceeds teh 57" limit and at what point should he stop using the booster? 60"?

ETA he is in a graco nautilus

Help!!

i see these backless boosters has no height limit listed. Should I look into getting him one of these?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-No-Back-TurboBooster-Car-Seat-Baker/10769963?_mm=

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Harmony-Cruz-Booster-Car-Seat-Black-Grey/19852755?_mm=

Last edited:
ADS

MomToEliEm

The Harmony Cruz does list the height limit as 34-57".
The backless turbo booster has a height limit of 40-57".

The parkway and the monterey goes up to 63".

As a parent (I am not a tech), I choose to disregard the upper height limit on backless and go with when the ears fall above the vehicle headrest or when the shoulder belt goes below the child's shoulder. This goes against the manual though, but I don't see a lot of reason for why the upper height limit would be an issue with backless as long as the child still fit well in the seat.

Athena

That is one big kid you've got. :) When using a HBB, the belt guide must be at or above his shoulder. Given that the Nautilus isn't a very tall booster, I would check on that asap.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
As a parent and tech speaking with some reps about their boosters, as long as the child is under the weight limit, has head support (from the booster or car), and the shoulder belt is still in the middle of the collarbone and not heading south down the arm the booster will still be effective.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC