OHS carseats in Canada

Mommy090804

My recent thread on our JUN2005 Regal Ride with the "notches" has got me thinking....

Since we started using carseats (August 2004), I don't think I have seen an OHS carseat in a retail store in Canada. Mind you, we live in a pretty small city, and don't have a lot of selection. Do they still sell OHS carseats in Canada? If not, then when did they stop? I sure see a lot of them in use around here, and am curious when they expire if they are no longer made!

If they don't sell them in Canada anymore, then why the heck does my JUN2005 Regal Ride have the notches? I have a feeling that I really do know the answer to that question, but am curious about OHS seats in Canada? Does anyone know?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
They haven't sold OHS car seats in Canada for quite a few years, although I'm not sure when they stopped.

Since Transport CAnada's official expiry is 10yrs unless the manufacturer says otherwise, it will be at least 2010 or 2012 before the last of them expire since I'm pretty sure there were some evenflo ones being sold in 2002. (Hopefully new enough to have expiry dates on them though?)

As for your regal ride though, much of the time CDN seats are made in the same mold as US seats, so if the US regal rides still had OHS models available, the notches were probably still in the mold and all the seats were being made in it.

Or maybe they just never bothered to redesign the mold. Creating a mold without the notches would've meant having to submit the seat to Transport Canada for certification again, so maybe they just never bothered to do it.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Really? I've seen OHS Evenflo Titans at Walmart very recently, and I thought I saw an OHS cosco at Sears not too long ago also.

Hmmm, I know they're still making OHS Titans, but I haven't seen any OHS on the shelf in Canada for a long time. Did you happen to look for the DOM on the boxes? Either stores are going to carry them again, or they have really old stock on their shelves...

Really?! I haven't seen an OHS in Canada for years, I didn't even know they made a OHS Titan :whistle:

I didn't either until a thread awhile back about donated Titan seats and that some of the OHS are still being made. :shrug-shoulders:

Seems like the OHS seats will never disappear if they're showing up on shelves with new DOM again. :thumbsdown:

tiggercat

No, I didn't check the boxes for DOM, but I will if I see them again. I don't go to walmart unless I can't avoid it. LOL. It's like that place begs my kids to misbehave.

I don't think there were any at TRU when I bought my new MA, so that's a good sign. They seem to be becomming less popular at clinics too.

tiggercat

Evenflo does have the Tribute on their website in the OHS style. Maybe I'm mixing up my Ts and it is the tribute not the titan I saw.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC