Which booster to choose?

G

gibbycat

I need to get a booster seat for my son. It seems like there is a lot to choose from. I'm looking for comfort for him, and safety, of course. He's used to sitting in a well padded Britax Marathon, so I'm hoping to find something that is somewhat cushy for him.

Size of the seat doesn't matter, and cost isn't a huge issue.

Any suggestions?

ADS
G

gibbycat

He will be 4 in October. He only weighs 41 pounds, and he's 41 inches tall, but he has a very long torso and his shoulders are at the top shoulder strap height so we have to move him to something differeint. I have to admit that I'm pretty disappointed that after spending $200 for a car seat that it didn't last longer than that.

We have a Husky in our primary vehical and he has a lot of room left to go in it. My son's suggestion was to get another one of those for our truck because he loves the seat, but he's mature enough now for a booster and he doesn't ride in the other vehicle often enough to justify another $200 car seat.

U

Unregistered

my kids are going to get the bodyguard when they outgrow their wizards.
HTH
Erin

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm wondering just how "at" the top slot he really is? Is he using the top slot, or are his shoulders really beginning to creep over the top of the top slot? At this age, you can really expect his legs to start getting longer and his torso to really slow growing. Does he look more like Matthew or Andrew on this page? http://pages.ivillage.com/momika/carseatphotos/id24.html (sorry I'm so curious, because my 43 inch tall-for-her-age 4 yo dd still has a couple inches of torso growth in that seat, and I'm just trying to get an idea of what an exceptionally long-torsoed child looks like in it, given the 49" height limit...)

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
Also, did the padding slip down? Sometimes when the padding slips down, it appears that the straps are at the limit, but when you look underneath the padding, the harness holes are a couple inches higher.

Sara

mamamia

Hi Gibbycat, Hope all is well. Maybe try the Juniper Komfort Cruiser as well as the Graco Turbo Booster (some of the models are quite well padded) and the Body Guard.

I actually would believe that your son could be close to the limit of the marathon, since my 26 month old is also very long in the torso, and at only 35 inches, her shoulders ARE very close to the top slops in our Roundabout. The top of her head is already over the top of the shell on that seat. In her Wizard she has several more inches, but I don't see her lasting to 48 inches in it. My 4 year old on the other hand just outgrew the Roundabout at 42 inches and she is all leg.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC