Britax Advocate vs. Maxi Cosi Priori vs. Triumph AD

arly1983

and I have 2 weeks till we got the genetics coucillers....I am going to think about something else....

What to try next for Camille:

She is not happy with the Como AT ALL!!! She hates the headrest (screams the entire time) and I hate the twisty straps....soooo I have 3 options that I can see....

Britax Advocate:
Pro: TSIP, should be east to install, maybe 35 lbs Rfing (tethered)
Cons: I am not crazy about her in the MA (fit of harness and short seating depth)

Maxi-Cosi Priori:
Pro: getting awesome reveiws, higher shell and 35lbs for ERF
Cons: no RFing tether, no TSIP, and made by a branch of Cosco, has same harness system as cosco seats

Evenflo Triumph:
Pro: she fit great in this one IRL, higher shell and 35 lb for ERF,long seating depth
Con: lack of sides for head support, wide, nervouse about sliding adjuster and some people having problems with it.

(We have already tried a Recaro Como, Britax MA & DC & BV & RA, and Radian 80)

Last edited:
ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Re: Britax Advantage vs. Maxi Cosi Priori vs. Triumph AD

The Britax Advantage is an older model. Do you mean the Advocate?

If you mean the Advocate, I would take a look at that one.

I was NOT impressed with the Maxi-Cosi Priori when I played with it. The harness height adjustment is AWFUL.

I am also not a fan of the Triumph Advance because of those damn knobs. That is a personal bias, though, so you may not want to pay attention to my opinion of that one. :p

LuvBug

Maxi-Cosi Priori:
Pro: getting awesome reveiws, higher shell and 35lbs for ERF
Cons: no RFing tether, no TSIP, and made by a branch of Cosco, has same harness system as cosco seats
I really wish I had a free way of getting the pictures off my camera phone because I think if you saw DS in the MCP you would change your mind about the higher shell :p lol!

His ears were way over the top of the shell where in the TA his head is only a little over the top of the shell.

arly1983

LOL, maybe I should just quit looking....I can't seem to find one I like...

I don't mind the hard harness adjustment. What did you think of the harness system? Is it the exact same one as on the Scenera?

I have played with the Triumph Advance and kinda liked the knobs. I am more worried about a failure of the sliding harness system.

Maybe I do need to take a second look at the advocate but I just don't like how short the seat depth is on the Britax convertables.

arly1983

I really wish I had a free way of getting the pictures off my camera phone because I think if you saw DS in the MCP you would change your mind about the higher shell :p lol!

His ears were way over the top of the shell where in the TA his head is only a little over the top of the shell.

WHat did you think of the TA?

I am not crazy about the cosco buckle/harness on the MCP at all.

LuvBug

I really like it and if DS had any room to grow it would have been the spare seat I got for the grandkids... but he is at the highest setting. I didnt have a problem with the harness sliding and I would just be sure to open the box before you bought it. If it is for camille then I wouldnt worry about the harness at all since essentially in a RFing seat the harness is like a loop around the body just to hold it down, if it is tight it is going to work.

arly1983

I bet people can't believe I am comparing a $400 seat with a $150 seat, LOL.

crunchierthanthou

I bet people can't believe I am comparing a $400 seat with a $150 seat, LOL.

that was exactly what I thought when I read your list. How can you even compare?...

Have you tried her in a BV? The Advocate is tempting at $300, but if she hates the Como wings she might not love the headrest. I know the Como wings are a lot tighter, but she might find the BV ones bothersome.

Isn't the MCP short? as in not much taller than the RA. Did I miss that it has a higher harnessing weight?

my vote would be to see how she fits in/tolerates a BV and order the Advocate if she fits well.

arly1983

We have already tried the BV and she spent entire rides with her head out of the wings so it has been ruled out.

steph

The Advocate wings seem farther apart then the BV wings. My vote would be for the Advocate (and not just because I am getting one:p).

What about the MA fit don't you like?

You could be like me, worst case scenerio you could sell the Advocate for at least what you get it for if not more since it is such a steel at $299.

steph

oops! my bad. :eek: so basically the advocate is a BV with the electronic gizmo and a different harness adjuster?

Yes and it is rumored (that like the Diplomat) it goes to 35 pounds rf. It also appears to have a recline position for FF as well as rf.

crunchierthanthou

The Advocate wings seem farther apart then the BV wings. My vote would be for the Advocate (and not just because I am getting one:p).

What about the MA fit don't you like?

You could be like me, worst case scenerio you could sell the Advocate for at least what you get it for if not more since it is such a steel at $299.

I don't know. These look awfully similar. Even if it is slightly wider or angled out more, I wouldn't buy an Advocate if she hates the BV.

advocateandblvd.jpg

steph

They do look the same but the Advocate (since it looks like it is angled out more) seems like it would allow for a better view since the wings don't go as straight out as the BV's.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC