Graco Size4Me?

AngB

I have read a whole lot of bad reviews about the buckle and harness on this seat having issues so I don't really want to go there, but it's the only seat at the right price point to where I could maybe talk DH into buying a new seat to try to RF our 98%ile almost 2 DS till as close to 3 as we can get. (His opinion is just turn him when he outgrows our current seats which will probably be this summer before he's 2.5 yet.)

Anyway, does anyone know if Graco is working on fixing it? Are they coming out with an updated Size4Me? Anyone not have issues or any tips to get a seat that doesn't have issues or dealing with it?

ADS

MommyShannon

How tall is he? I don't like the buckles, but they are on Evenflo and Graco seats now so hard to avoid. As long as they are properly working, its a matter of getting used to them. Some have gotten stuck and you'd have to loosen the harness to get him out. Graco seems to be very responsive and replaces them.

arly1983

That is a hard one. If I were you I would try to wait until later this summer until he is closer to outgrowing your currant seats before making a decision. It could be that Graco/Evenflo will have changed/fixed their buckles or maybe your son's growth will slow down a little bit buying you more time. Anyway, it will give you some more time to save.

What is he in now and how is he outgrowing it? by weight or height?

ETA: I had one of the S4Ms that stuck and when it started sticking it was REALLY stuck. Graco replaced it.

Mugsmom

We have 2 of them, and we love them. We previously had a True Fit Premier, and a MyRide, and we much prefer the Size4Me. We do have to push firmly to get the buckle to open, but we've never felt it was "stuck" or too hard to do. The trick is really to push the top part of the button rather than the center of it. My one complaint about the seat is that the harness quite often gets uneven, it's annoying, but it's a fast fix. I was originally going to get a Foonf to keep my 2 tall kiddos RF past 3 years old, but these have been the best seats we've owned, so I see no need to spend that much. I highly recommend the Size4Me!

AngB

Just measured him, just about 35 inches from my uncooperative/wiggly toddler measurement against the wall.
He is in a BLVD/MA.

arly1983

Just measured him, just about 35 inches from my uncooperative/wiggly toddler measurement against the wall.
He is in a BLVD/MA.

LOL, I guess I should have mentioned sitted height (bum to top of head) is more important than standing height when it comes to RFing.

Here is a great link with pics on telling when seat is outgrown rfing by height: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=30201&highlight=seat+outgrown+pics

Do you have the 65 lb version of the BLVD/MA? If you do, do they have the 33 lbs or 35 lb rfing limits? How close is he to this?

AngB

LOL, I guess I should have mentioned sitted height (bum to top of head) is more important than standing height when it comes to RFing.

Here is a great link with pics on telling when seat is outgrown rfing by height: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=30201&highlight=seat+outgrown+pics

Do you have the 65 lb version of the BLVD/MA? If you do, do they have the 33 lbs or 35 lb rfing limits? How close is he to this?

At the moment he's mainly in a 2009 MA that has a 35 RF weight limit (he's 32# dressed and been at 32 lbs a few months now) and maybe 3ish inches from the inch top guideline, and we have a new Registry Rewards Blvd I was going to change him to when it comes and move the MA as a back up. My understanding is they all pretty much have the same height limit or maybe an inch extra in the newer ones? I will have to try to measure him torso-wise when we eat dinner tonight.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Classic MA is about an inch taller than the newer BV, but of course the lower RF weight limit. My dd was 41+ inches at age 4.5 when she hit the weight limit on the old MA... http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx probably would have been at the height limit of the newer one at the same age. It can really take literally years for kids' torsos to grow three inches at this age, right now it's all about the legs. I'd really wait and see if something else happens in the tall convertible market closer to when you really need it (if you aren't FF by that time...). Also, kids can take year to put on two pounds (well, some gain faster, but generally average kids tend to average that in the preschool years).

arly1983

Classic MA is about an inch taller than the newer BV, but of course the lower RF weight limit. My dd was 41+ inches at age 4.5 when she hit the weight limit on the old MA... http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx probably would have been at the height limit of the newer one at the same age. It can really take literally years for kids' torsos to grow three inches at this age, right now it's all about the legs. I'd really wait and see if something else happens in the tall convertible market closer to when you really need it (if you aren't FF by that time...). Also, kids can take year to put on two pounds (well, some gain faster, but generally average kids tend to average that in the preschool years).

I agree!

I think you still have a decent amount of time in both of those for RFing. I love buying new seats (too much most of the time :rolleyes: ). However, I think the most economical thing to do would be to use your new BLVD (with 8 lbs and 2 inches of growth room rfing) and your MA and see how it goes. You can save more and in the end these two seats may get you to where you want him FFing. Then you can use that money to buy a really nice FFing combination seat since your by then your MA should be close to expiring. :)

AngB

Okay, I caught a picture of him in the MA on Sunday. (Not sure how accurate my measurement is while he was trapped in his high chair but I measured him at about 21.5" sitting from head to bottom.) We also have a 5 month old DS2 (who thankfully is average sized so far) so any "extra" seats can be passed over to him. DS1 has been in the 90+%ile since he was born so I guess I may be anticipating him continuing to grow quickly but it would be very nice if he does slow down for awhile and I will at least wait and see. He turns 2 at the end of this month, and it looks like to me he has 2 to 3ish inches left...?

Attachments

• carseat.jpg
    carseat.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 15

arly1983

I still think he has quite a bit of room left. At least 2 ins and maybe 3 (angle of the pic is a little to side and up so I can't see exactly). I know it doesn't seem like it now when he is growing so rapidly but it could last a while more.

However, since you have a baby to pass a seat down then buying another rfing seat is not a bad idea!

You just need weight in the factors of having a S4M now or waiting for a possibly improved buckles on a S4M later or even saving enough to buy a completely different seat later. No wrong answer. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC