News Welcome, New Forum Staff

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Re: New Forum Management

It’s true! There is really a management change, effective immediately. So, April Fools (sort of) for you non-believers!

As some may be aware, we have had a number of moderators step down or become less active in the last couple years. Most recently, bensmom has stepped down, at least temporarily, attending to work, family and other priorities. I would like to express my sincerest appreciation to all past and present moderators. They volunteer a lot of time on the forums to keep it running smoothly, something that is not an easy chore with our traffic and the associated spam bots and trolls. Not all of that work is fun, especially when it involves being an “evil” mod and having to enforce the forum rules. Many times, we have to do this even though we may be sympathetic to the comments made by person who violated the rule! Not to mention all those who feel that moderators don’t enforce the rules adequately! Plus, while we do have a system in place to keep things impartial, it is inevitable that people will feel moderators are too conservative, too liberal or always seem to side with specific members, groups or cliques. Sometimes, it really is a no win situation:-( So, I do greatly appreciate the moderators and members who keep things going smoothly on a day-to-day basis!

Anyway, change has been in order for some time, so today I would like to announce some new additions to the forum staff. I hope it is a good mix of experience, youth, enthusiasm and some new viewpoints to help our current staff respond to all issues in a fair manner.

First, a “welcome back” as a moderator to Crunchierthanthou, who stepped down some time ago. She will be returning to help with the Carseat Swap forum, to improve our time in approving posts there and also to assist in the Shopping forums as well.

In addition, we only have one active Canadian moderator, as hipmaman stepped down a while back and QuassEE has been attending to family and studies and is not online as much for the moment. So, we welcome Pixelated as our new moderator focusing on the Canada and International forum.

Joining them are two additional new moderators, LISmama810 and jjordan! Thank you for agreeing to help at Car-Seat.Org!

Also, our Ambassador concept never quite reached the potential we intended, as we never did fulfill our goal to rotate volunteers into the program a few times a year. Nonetheless, at this time I do want to announce some additions to replace Ambassadors who have stepped down or become inactive. New Ambassadors include bree, canadiangie, Carrie_R, CTPDMom, henrietta, Patriot201 and unityco. Continuing ambassadors include ketchupqueen and DaniannieB. We hope to make the Ambassador program more of a priority in the future. Also, Chely7425 was recently added as a sub-forum moderator for our Child Restraints for Special Needs and Disabilities forum (any currently certified techs who have a special needs class certificate may contact me if they are interested in overseeing the SN forum).

Thank you again to all of our new volunteers! The pay isn’t very good to start, but they do get 100% salary increases every year... Thank you also to those who have offered in the past to help! We do keep track of this, but unfortunately, there are so few changes made over the years that there just aren't enough spots for all those who have offered or who otherwise have been highly considered or deserving! It is such a strong community of technicians and advocates here that it is very difficult to narrow down the possibilities.

Please welcome our new staff!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Uh huh.

How gullible do you think we are? :p

Even funnier that you were a part of the change and didn't know it!

*snort*

Wasn't it a forum platform change last year?

Actually, that has been on the agenda for a couple years, since this software is a few years obsolete and no longer supported. There will be an upgrade to the latest version of this software (vBulletin 4 or 5) or an all-new platform (like Xenforo) sometime in the future, I just don't know when.

There are also still frequent inquiries about buyout offers, so that type of management change is no April Fools joke in general, either, but I'm not interested in selling at this point. For those who may not care for how Car-Seat.Org is managed, I'm guessing you'd like it even less under the ownership of a forum integrator company, so I hope that day never comes lol! Other forums I've seen have fallen under the absentee owner syndrome, which is even worse. Fortunately, we have a great crew of moderators, members and visitors here, so I think Car-Seat.Org is stable for a long time!

Seriously, this is a great community and I really enjoy being a part of it, even though I seem to have much less time to participate these days!

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Even funnier that you were a part of the change and didn't know it!

Ha ha...yup, the joke was on me! :whistling:

And congrats to all the new mods and 'purple people'! I'm going to start reporting everything just to keep Jennie on her toes! LOL

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
How do I turn purple? Or maybe I don't because I'm helping in Canadian/International?

But seriously. Have you gone to your User CP under Group Memberships (or User Groups? Something?) and made sure to click the circle next to the Ambassador one? I seem to recall mine happening automatically, but you never know.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
But seriously. Have you gone to your User CP under Group Memberships (or User Groups? Something?) and made sure to click the circle next to the Ambassador one? I seem to recall mine happening automatically, but you never know.

This is what I did.

And then I was purple.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC