Yet another Odyssey question!

nml12903

Hi!
We're planning on buying an 07 Ody EXL R and N this week. We only have two children now, but we are hoping to have a third as soon as possible! My question is, when we do have another child, I will have to put a Regent in the third row. Will it fit?? I'm really hoping it does. I never thought a van would be my dream car!!!

Thanks!

So no one knows?? This is a serious question, and I did a search and couldn't find the answer. We are buying from a far away dealer, so they are bringing the car to us. I can't try to fit it in before it's here.

Last edited:
ADS

trailrunnermom

Yes, it will fit -- I've had our Husky (earlier Regent model) in the 3rd row of our '07 Ody (with the recline bar).

My install was using "long belt path" method; I didn't try it using "short belt path".

Depending on what seat is in the captain's chair in front of the Regent, you may be able to slide that C.C. forward slightly to give a little more leg room if needed.

Congrats on the Ody!!

nml12903

Thank you so much for the responses!!! I'm so excited to get the new van. I've been dealing with a way too small SUV for some tme now! Not getting a good install with the SPB kinda scares me. You have to use the SPB over 50 lbs right? For some reason I can't remember (even though I've read the manual about 100 times!). If so, that might be a problem since my DD is 45 pounds right now.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I had a Husky in the third row of our '01 and '06. The main issue is that the adjacent seat(s) will may become useless, except maybe for a skinny teen who is old enough to be out of a booster.

The Sienna has a bit more width in the third row seat if you anticipate the need to have a regent plus 2 other passengers back there at any time.

ajweeks

According to the new instructions, you are supposed to use SBP for a child over 40 lbs., but if you have an older Regent, Britax is telling people that they can still use the old LBP instructions.

nml12903

Thanks! I knew there was a reason we used the SBP. We couldn't get a rock solid install in our XTerra with the LBP also. I guess we'll have to figure it out. We have a new seat (DOM sometime after the saftey thing came out). We may have to get a Radian80. Who knows!!

trailrunnermom

We may have to get a Radian80. Who knows!!

I think you'll be able to get the Regent to work. I also have a Radian65 in the Ody...it installs great with LATCH; installations with the seatbelt take a little more work, but it's do-able (hints: twisting the buckle stalk, using grippy shelf liner under the base, reclining the seat back, tightening the seatbelt, and then bringing the seatback up). I love both the Radian and the Regent, but the Regent will fit a child for a *lot* longer.

These are two seats that you don't want to have to move around once they're in!! :p

nml12903

I know what you mean about moving the Regent! A friend of mine (who by the way does not want to be educated on car seats and has her four year old in a backless booster) wanted me to ride with her somewhere last week. I told her I couldn't because I wasn't going to move the Regent. She said, "come on, you just have to buckle it in". I had to say, "sorry, there's a little more too it than that!!"

nml12903

Update!

So we took delivery of our lovely Odyssey on Thursday. It's so pretty and I really never thought I would like a van so much.

I'm happy to report that we did get a rock solid install with the SBP in the 3rd row. It took a little work, but we did it!!

trailrunnermom

Re: Update!

I'm happy to report that we did get a rock solid install with the SBP in the 3rd row. It took a little work, but we did it!!

Congratulations and good job on the install! I just moved our Husky back to the 3rd row and it fits really well back there...plenty of room!

Enjoy your new Ody! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC