convertible breathable seat

MamaTucker

We need to get a convertible for my DD we really like the ease of installing the britax since it have the straps to tighten install on both sides but prefer the material of our sunshine kids radian. Is there a convertible with easy install and the breathable fabric?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hello, MamaTucker!

Is your daughter rear-facing or forward-facing? Into what vehicle will you be installing the seat?

I have never had a problem installing the Radian (rear-or-forward-facing) in my car, but I do understand that it can be a bit of a bear in some vehicles. Have you tried it in your vehicle to see how easy/difficult it is? It is certainly worth a try with both LATCH and the seatbelt.

The fabric on the new Chicco NextFit seems fairly "breathable." Have you looked at that seat?

MamaTucker

Hi she is rf it will go in a tundra. Dh doesn't like how high the back is in the radian and I just installed it in 4 different vehicles thus weekend and it is a pita to get tight enough. :)

novazippy

i just bought the peg perego convertible seat for grandma's car. seriously, I am in love with this seat. I also bought the foonf awhile back but have yet to test it. I needed something that is easy to use for grandma and breathable, and comfortable for my little girl. and I have not regrets. I will test the foonf this week and if it doesn't meet my expectations then I will definitely get another peg perego for my car.

I recently tried the nextfit and the fabric is breathable, however, adjusting/tightening the harness was terrible. it was so difficult that even my strong husband complained about it. there was absolutely no way for grandma to ever get the harness to fit properly on our little girl, thus rendering that carseat useless. I really wanted to love the nextfit because cushion seem so heavenly and everyone raved about it. in the end I returned it after giving it a try for a few weeks. despite what we read online from all these stellar reviews, my entire family hated the nextfit (completely overrated) and decided to try the peg.

the peg is in my car but soon will be transferred to grandma's car (we finally found an easy to use convertible carseat for her!) my girl sweats little in the peg perego despite the summer heat, and tightening the harness is a dream...it is even easier than using our infant seat. however, installing the peg is a pain with a seatbelt (we want to have her sit rearfacing in the middle seat). I may have to use the latch system in grandma's car and give up keeping my baby in the middle.

so really, look into the peg as a choice. the foonf is also breathable, but I am a bit intimidated when it comes to installing the foonf...too many parts, but that is my next goal.

for the price and quality, peg perego is the way to go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC