Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Car seat replacement after accident in California

I was involved in a moderate accident today when our Honda Element was rear-ended on a highway. Thankfully everyone seems ok. Our car didn't show significant external damage because the bumper is all plastic, but the Chevy Suburban that rear ended us looked inoperable and had sprayed transmission fluid all over the place. My 17 m old was sleeping RF in her Peg Perego Convertible at the time and when reporting the accident to my insurance company (we'll actually be dealing with the at-fault party insurance soon) he mentioned that the seat MIGHT get replaced pending an inspection from the adjuster. I was under the impression that the law in CA pretty much dictated than an occupied child seat would be replaced as that would be my demand. I'm just concerned that I might encounter some resistance from the at-fault insurance company as a replacement seat is pricey and this company is one of those smaller budget insurance companies based in another state. What's your experience with this matter?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads