Thoughts on TruFit 680?

3j'smom

Looking for a cheaper seat for grandma's car. Baby is 24 lbs and 29"
Kohls has it on sale for $202 and subtracting the 30% off, it would be $141. I don't know anything about this seat as I tend to purchase Britax seats.

Thanks!

ADS

nataliem257

How old is your baby? 24 lbs at 29 inches seems like the 35 lb limit on the true fit might cause you issues if you want to RF past 2. I agree with ^^^, a sure ride would be cheaper and likely last longer

SavsMom

3j'smom said:
She is one. What is so great about the Sureride, it just seems so "cheap" looking.

It is easy to install, and while it may look cheap it is a very nice seat.
It also has more harness height and a higher rear facing weight limit.

SavsMom

SavsMom said:
It is easy to install, and while it may look cheap it is a very nice seat.
It also has more harness height and a higher rear facing weight limit.

I should also add that it is very nicely padded. My daughter prefers it over her Frontier and she still has a ton of growing room in it (she is 5).

HaileysMommy

Like just turned 1? I probably wouldn't get it for a 24lb 12 month old because I would be afraid the 35lb limit wouldn't get us to 3. That being said my DD is 4y4m (almost) and is 34-35 lbs so some days she has outgrown it RF and some day not lol

3j'smom

She actually turns 1 next Saturday :) I was basing my opinion on a picture and knew nothing about the seat. I'm glad to know that the Sureride is easy to install. She's a chunky baby, but parents are tall and slender, so once she starts moving I'm sure her weight will slow down, so the 35 lbs weight limit doesn't concern me too much. They are planning on a second baby and at that point more seats will need to be purchased...hmmm...I keep hearing the Sureride is a good seat so maybe we'll just go with that.

MommyShannon

The True Fit is a great, tall rf seat. I'd be a little worried about the 35lb limit too but if it can be passed down, not too worried. The SureRide costs less though. You'd probably like both fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC