What is Best/Durable Cover for Britax Frontier?

U

Unregistered

I am about to buy the Britx Frontier and can't decide on which cover to buy. Which one is the most durable and shows less stains? My 4 year old drinks water and has her snacks in her car seat so there are often spills. I don't want water marks and stains as I need it for the full 9 yrs.

We live where the roads are black and our shoes always have the dark black on our soles. Can't decide between the Livia, Onxy or Cowmooflauge? Does the Livia fabric wear well and does it show water stains? Does the Cow's white collect dirt? And Onxy, although safe, the colour is boring...lol.

I can't find all three in stores to compare. Any help on which fabric would be most durable with resisting looking dingy?

Thanks!

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Trust me, after several years of everyday use, you'll want to buy a new cover, lol. The elastic will stretch, the parts that she sits on every day will start to rub thin, and it will just get ratty. Fortunately, Britax sells replacement covers and even puts them on sale at different times throughout the year, so you're not stuck with what you have.

I've never liked Onyx personally. It's more nylon-y in feel and people have bought it thinking it'd be cooler than a plush like Cowmoo, when in fact, it's hotter. The white in Cowmoo isn't actually white--it has a veining of off-white in it, kind of like marble does. My Cowmoo seat held up really well and because of the variation in colors, didn't show much dirt. I think the Livia would show spots since it's a solid color. It's soft, though, but not plush like Cowmoo.

Phineasmama

Do not get Livia. It's a nice cover but it shows dirt really easily.

I personally love Cowmoo. Not only is it soft, but it's actually really good at hiding dirt/stains. It washes up beautifully.

lovemy2kidstw

Do not get Livia. It's a nice cover but it shows dirt really easily.

I personally love Cowmoo. Not only is it soft, but it's actually really good at hiding dirt/stains. It washes up beautifully.

Yep, I'll 2nd that. The stains on cowmoo kind of blend in so they aren't terribly noticeable. Besides, who doesn't love cow :D

nataliem257

I second this...I like my cardinal cover but its an sict cover so it doesn't help you.

Eta I'm slow so I guess I third it.

I have cardinal for the 85 and I love it, I noticed a while back that you can only get it for he SICT now, maybe it's because I bought it before the SICT came out? If you called Britax they might have them because they must have existed at sometime...it's held up fantastically.

Athena

I've always found the typical plush velour Britax covers like cowmoo don't stain easily. Our primary Frontiers are cowmoo and they've been holding up great for the last year and a half. I don't understand why people are saying livias stain easily, but maybe that's because ours are their secondary seats. I do let my kids eat things like crackers and sometimes even drink chocolate milk in their seats and it gets muddy here too, but I don't know about the black on the shoes you mentioned. HTH.

Epcot

CPS Technician
Have 2 FR85s, one Livia and one Cowmoo... Cowmoo has definitely held up better, and prefer the feel of the Cowmoo fabric more as well.

I have cowmoo on several seats and it has held up way better than my onyx seats did. It was always soft and plush, and stains wouldn't show unless it was something like a pink Popsicle.

Cow also washes really well. It doesn't become pilly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC