Probably old news...Big RF'er in Orbit video

ADS

skylinphoto

Crap. I didnt think it would get to me...but I cried.

Well done, orbit, well done.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

mevs mom

Wow I'm sold I want to buy one! The little girl looked like she had TONS of room in the orbit toddler. Maybe she just had a tiny torso because I thought the orbit toddler was tiny.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I thought the orbit toddler was tiny.

Oh no, the orbit toddler is huge. My tiny torso girl would have fit until well past age 7 by height. Natysr has a pic of her in it at 2 months short of her 7th birthday and at 75# with room above her head.

For comparison, she outgrew an old style marathon by height rfing at 4.5yo.

Phineasmama

I thought it didn't really recline at all so it might not be good for some vehicles...never heard that it was short though.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
That really is a great video! Thanks for sharing, Julie!

For what it's worth, we've always been fans of the Orbit Toddler carseat. It's been on our list of recommended seats for a long time. It just doesn't get much attention here because it's expensive if you need to buy the seat and the base. Of course, you don't need the base but without it you miss out on one of the seat's best features. Jennie did a full review of the G2 model that you can see here: http://carseatblog.com/17163/orbit-toddler-car-seat-g2-review-you-spin-me-right-round-toddler/

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I was talking about RFing. LIke I doubt I would be able to use one in my van because the seats are SO sloped it would be ridiculously upright. I can't use a classic britax in there either.

That's what pool noodles and rolled towels are used for.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician

Can you use pool noodles with the Orbit base? I don't remember.

I'm not sure how the base would do in a vehicle with really sloped seats, but it kind of...just works in stuff, so it could be worth a try. It does install very upright rear-facing.

Phineasmama

Even with a pool noodle, a classic Britax is still ridiculously upright in my van. A sleeping child would have their head on their chest and I don't like that. I like seats that have a lot of recline for that specific vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC