monterey vs. vivo

MJHY27

Which should I pick for use as a dedicated booster for my kids? My daughter is about 45lbs and 48"? 6 1/2 yo and my son is newly 5 yo and about 37lbs and 45" tall. I have tried a parkway before and the seat belt feel right off my daughters shoulders so that one is out!
So I think it is between these 2, I do have one graco turbo booster I use as a sometimes seat for both kids and it's a good fit but I feel like I need something a little more sturdy for full time booster use.

ADS

ahgirls

I didn't like the vivo has as it didn't support the legs well. Also I found it to be as tall as the turbo, when both seats were set to tallest setting. If you have a leggy kiddo, the vivo won't work without some kind of leg support. If the kiddo is average to short the vivo would be a great choice. I loved the textutre of the vivo. I personally like how tall the monterey is. If the kiddo has broad shoulders the monterey is a good fit too. For my giant child the monterey is a better choice for us minus the texture. My dd is 6 yrs old 56 lbs & 53". They are both good seats. Good luck!

D&L's-mommy

we own both and love both, the vivo was great for DS until recently now that he's starting puberty he's getting broader, last week we got him a monterey, and he's much more comfortable. the vivo is really nice when they're smaller, my 4y7m DD uses it as her backup seat and the fit is great, but she's too small for the monterey. currently DS is 50" 71lbs, all legs and has just recently gotten uncomfortable in the vivo, DD is 43" 43lbs and fits great in the vivo, and we plan to use it as her main seat when she maxes out the nautilus harness. If you like the turbobooster (we have 2 of those also) but want something that feels sturdier with better SIP I think you will like the vivo, for now, but in a few years may need to replace it with a larger seat. have you looked at the recaro probooster? To me it's a good mix between the vivo and monterey [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-ProBooster-High-Back-Booster/dp/B003IT4YC0"]Amazon.com: Recaro ProBooster High Back Booster Car Seat, Blue Opal: Baby[/ame]

here's a thread with pics comparing the parkway (which is out), probooster, and monterey)http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=140917
and this one compares the vivo and probooster http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=131835

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC