Not loving the Aton

knkdt

I got dd3 an Aton after reading lots of great things about the seat. I really love the seat, its so easy to install and carry, and it's super cute. Quincey, however, does not feel the same love. Between the super long neck pads and large chest clip it is nearly impossible to get her in and the harness adjusted properly. This leads to her getting upset and flailing her arms which then get stuck under the chest clip and makes her more upset. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this problem, or if we are basically going to have to tough it out until she grows and fits it better. I just don't understand why they would use the same chest clip on a seat for newborns that is used on seats for preschoolers, makes no sense to me. Here are a couple pics, just because it is fun to look at newborns in seats ;). She was 2 days old in the chaperone pic, which is an amazingly good fit for her (but not so much for our car), and 4 days in the Aton pic. She was 7lbs 4oz and 19" at birth just for some perspective.

Last edited:
ADS

Phineasmama

I didn't use the chest pads when my DD2 was a newborn even though she was 10 lbs :eek:

Obviously check the manual first though.

MotoMommaNH

I could have swore I read somewhere on the blog that Regal Lager said you could slide the strap covers into the harness slots a bit...Let me look around and I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: Here's the quote from the review and the link:
"The harness pads were way too long on the preemie doll and the instruction manual suggests threading them through the slots in the shell to the back of the seat until they don’t interfere with the chest clip. That worked just fine without any interference with adjusting the harness, but I prefer removing the pads altogether."

http://carseatblog.com/10614/cybex-aton-review-easiest-base-to-install/

so I guess she took the covers off too!

Last edited:

thepote

Aww so cute :) I was like, what do you mean her arms get stuck under the chest clip?? And then I saw the pic! Yeah - ridiculously large chest clip on that.

Sorry you are having seat issues. I struggled with DD in a baby trend and TFP before I gave up and re-bought the Safeseat1 (aka snugride) that I had for ds3.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC