i got a pria 70 today..

Kel

And it's so cushy!! It's a great seat!! I installed it in two minutes both FFing and RFing. I bought it for my almost 3 yr old to rf in. I thought he'd have way more leg room than his MR, but he don't. It must be my van, because he has as much if not more leg room in his MR than the Rxt we had also.

My intention were to keep him RFing in the pria, and put his MR on my 3rd bench for my just turn 1 yr old babysitting baby.

Since he's only gaining a little leg room, I could sell it. And buy him a FR later when I flip him. Or keep it since it installs in seconds FFing. He'll probably never need the FR anyway. AND I won't be able to latch a FR in booster mode.

He'll be 3 in about 6 weeks, and is 37" tall and 34#s. It looks super comfy FFing.

So....what do you think...would it be worth keeping? Do you think the pria will make a long lasting FFing seat? Any pics of FFing kids in it?

Also, I have a younger baby, so I can pass it down. PLUS I got it from NBD, so it's not like I paid full price.

Thanks everyone!!!

ADS

JCsMomma

You could always sell it... To me ;). No advice as I'm not sure how it is for a FF seat, but it seems to be a well loved seat overall!

lauti

I use it as FF seat. I don't think I have any pics but my DS is very comfy in it. It's a great seat for napping too. He's on the #2 recline so it's still slightly reclined. He has tons of hip room and great leg support.

Kel

Ok...I slept on it. I can't see any reason to return it. Pros of keep it it....

Great leg support
He's has more shoulder in hip room. He's small to average but has slightly wide shoulders.
It installs in seconds.
I can pass it down.
The cover is the most cushy EVER.

The only con I can see is that at almost 3, I just bought a convertible. BUT...I'm sure he'll get to booster age in it. Like I said, I can't latch the FR in booster mode anyway...

Oh....and the biggest plus...I only paid $98 on NBD!!!! It came perfect.

I just was a little surprised that he didn't gain a ton of leg room over his MR. The MR is my favorite seat in my van, but I think this one will tie with it or surpass.

Thanks for listening. No one else gets my car seat rambles, lol!

lauti

Lauti- how old is your DS and how big?

He's 2.5. About 37/38in and 35lbs fully clothed. I didn't count the headrest/strap positions before I installed it, but the one he's on now is just slightly above his shoulders and the headrest is only a few inches above the shell if you're looking at it from the back (if that makes sense).

I also had the same regret about buying a convertible, but I drive a really teeny car (Fiat 500) so I was happy to get a tall seat in there in the first place! I am not sure a Frontier would even fit.

Kel

I don't prefer combo seats. I've had 1 GN and 2 FR 85s. I got rid of all of them barley used when I needed 3 across. Now I drive a 12 passenger van, and I wouldn't be able to latch the combo seats in booster mode anyway. I'd rather use a convertible I think....then go strait to booster.

I'm hoping my son will make it to 3.5 RFing in this seat. And to booster age FFing. I haven't actually measured its harness height. I've read 18"!!

Kel

I was shocked by the price! That's one of the best prices I've seen on NBD. I was even more surprised that I got it in my car. I'm usually too slow, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC