Belt fit check please.

zactayaus

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I promised ds I'd post the pics and see what everyone else thinks.

This is ds in the 3rd row of our 2000 Suburban. He will be 10yo April 16th. He weighs 54lbs and is 52" tall.

2013-03-27154032_zps1d5ab98c.jpg

2013-03-27154048_zps8f67650e.jpg

2013-03-27154130_zps8c56277b.jpg

Reactions: Kac
ADS

zactayaus

Yup, that's what I told him but he said just ask them. He want's out of a booster soooo bad.:( Wish he was more like dd who happily sat in her booster till her 12th b-day. Oh, well.

Baylor

I don't like it and I am not a Tech.. :)

What I love is your youngest face smiling, Like,, " I KNOW!!" ;)

tiggercat

Yeah sorry kid, not even close. He needs longer legs to scoot back further and tilt his pelvis. Then the buckle/lap belt won't be on his belly as much.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

tiggercat

Yup, that's what I told him but he said just ask them. He want's out of a booster soooo bad.:( Wish he was more like dd who happily sat in her booster till her 12th b-day. Oh, well.

Weird question, but would your DD consent to a pic so we can see the belt geom. on someone bigger?

zactayaus

Weird question, but would your DD consent to a pic so we can see the belt geom. on someone bigger?

We are running out of the house in a few minutes. Not sure if I'll have time tonight but they have a half day tomorrow so should be able to then.:)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm not loving the lap belt. :( Gavin is so cute in that one picture!

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
:( Sorry. It's too high.

I'm going to test B in my third row tomorrow. The floor is higher/seat lower back there. He is 54" and 65 lbs.

Eta: not my B as in Bella, my nanny kid. He's anxiously awaiting being able to pass the test in his moms car, but he's probably got 2 years before he can pass.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe get him a black bubblebum so it's almost invisible and really low?

You guys would laugh if you saw how far up the belt is on my 15 yo in my Ody captain's chair. Laugh, cry, whatever, it's sucky, and it's a forward of the bight buckle, so it SHOULD be really low...I just hope the shoulderbelt spreads the forces enough to prevent seatbelt syndrome.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC