BV, Radian, Como for RF small toddler

niccig

DS is 2years 8 months, 27 lbs, 34" tall and 13" torso. RF in a BV in my car and in a Safety First Uptown in DH's car - on the 2nd from bottom slots in the Uptown. We want to make the Uptown for the babysitter who'll be doing preschool pick ups and put a new car seat in DH's car - he insisted on a seat as cushy as mine.

I was waiting on the Como, like the deeper seat and the higher slots, but DS will RF for at least another 18 months or so. I don't like all the confusion I hear about the RF height limit or that he must use the head pillows.

Radian is an option - but I don't like the installation problems I hear. Our cars 2006 Tribeca and 2004 Prius are in the successful installation thread for FF, not RF. I'm just not sure I want to fight a seat that much - it would give us extra 2 lbs RF and extra harness height.

Now that Baby Age are having a sale, I'm thinking of another BV - we know it works in our cars. It only has a 33lb RF limit but that will get my kiddo until 4. It doesn't have as high harness, but he has a short torso. It would get him to 6 FF I would guess.

I would like to get something in the next week or so, I've been waiting so long to hear about the Reacaros, I dont' want to wait anymore, especially with the baby age sale. So what do you all suggest...I'm driving DH crazy listing all the pros and cons...

ADS

natysr

My 3 year old is one inch taller than your son, but two pounds lighter.

I'd either get the Boulevard on sale, or get the Advocate because it is on sale for the boulevard price.

I saw the recaro in person, and while I did like it. I don't like being restricted to having to use the head pillows when my DS is still in the lower slots. also, since the sides are so deep, I think it would be hard to get him in and out of the seat in a small car without bumping his head on the car door frame. Also, so far, you can't tether the recaro rearfacing.

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
Boulevard. It has the RF tether, side impact protection, nice high weight limit, tall seat, lots of features.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC