Safety 1st Complete Air and Complete Air 65LX Harness problems

Widget

My DS reached the RF height limit on his SF CA (2010) and CA65 (2012) so we've turned them FF (sob!!) and I'm having issues with the harness, which also happened RF but I had access to the splitter plate in the back of the harness and don't now that we're FF. I've also had a tech look and was disappointed in her assessment of the seats, so I'm back here to ask for help.
Once DS is sitting in the seat, I cannot tighten the harness adjustment strap more than a teeny tiny bit, which is no where near tight enough for him. I have to remove him, re-tighten the harness and then put him back in with the tight straps which is practically impossible to get over his arms and buckled. When it was RF installed, I just pushed the splitter plate (where the harness straps are attached) to assist it past the 'corner' it must take to help tighten. I'm the only one able to put him in the seat because the belts are so tight to do up without being able to adjust the harnest after he's in it, no one will attempt to buckle him in.
We've gone over all the straps and are all put together as suggested in the manuals. I've looked all over the internet for help on this issue and found nothing.
The funny thing is, I have this problem with both the old version of the seat and the new, and in both my 07 Saturn Relay van and my 02 Mazda Protege sedan (which was a really hard install).
What might I be doing wrong? Why hasn't anyone else complained of this?

ADS

Widget

No, I have not tried to repeatedly tighten. That could take all day the teeny tiny amount that I've gotten on the first pull. But I will try that tomorrow, thanks.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Most Dorel seats have a rachet tightener, rather than a smooth pull. Really sounding like that is the issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC