Vent Am I the only one

Keeks64

Who seriously dislikes the MyRide?! I have wanted one forever but never had a reason to get one....now that DS2 is 8 months I decided to get one as a spare....I'm so not into it :/

It's HUGE & it's just akward....I didn't mind it so much in the Ford F150 we were driving but in my matrix I just want to toss it :O I had it RF for DS2 & it was alright....annoying with the high sides to bend over into to buckle & I find the harness is really wide on his shoulders so I switched it FF for DS1 & he can barely climb it ... I will admit it looks super comfy but other than that :(

DS1 has a MA65 & has more growing room which surprised me :O the recline of the seat when FF really makes a difference

It seems like everyone loves/praises this seat but I'm just not feeling the love :( I think I'm going to keep it for a back up cause I got a super good deal on it but using it everyday will drive me batty!

Strangely enough both my SR35 & the MR have the new buckles & the MR one is a super PITA it's so stiff & hard to press...my SR35 is so easy!

ADS

Keeks64

Okay, good so it's not just me

I don't like the Nautilus either but that's a whole other issue! I do love Graco infant seats though!!!

I just was expecting to love the seat & yeah not do much lol

Last edited:

jacqui276

I owned mine for less than 24 hours before I returned it. I didn't mind it and found it easy to install but it is big and bulky (even it's box it comes in is gigantic!) and cramming my kid in RFing seemed like a task due to how high the sides are. I did like how smooth the harness adjuster was but that is all insignificant if the buckle causes issues.

...I also have zero desire to ever get a Nautilus. I find them ugly. :duck:

V

VanIsleMommy

Want to trade your myride for one of my seats? :D

I would love a second myride... Ill trade you my true fit!

canadiangie

MyRide rocks my world, basically. It's soooo yummy in a tight three across. It puzzles so well next to so many seats.. I feel like I should bow to it most days. Even oldest dd has commented on how easy it is to buckle her booster because of the little "cubby spot under here" referring to the narrowness of the MR base in relation to the cupholder.

11 inches.. That's three less inches than a Radian base. You can't beat that. At least in Canada you can't beat that.

It's not stylish, it's not sleek, but I have an appreciation for it. :eek:

V

VanIsleMommy

I love the cup holders.. Probably my favorite cup holders lol :) ds asks for his seat back every time we pull it out... He likes the radian but the myride is like a luxury recliner for kids haha :)

I also like no lock offs and the narrow base. And shoulder pads on the harness. I know but these little things are a big deal in my house!

I'm serious ill trade you my true fit lol!

nannykates

I don't find them all that tempting. I couldn't get it upright enough to not push my seats forward. I do respect them though as one of the first widely available seats that will get pretty much any kid to 2 rf. It also looks more natural RF than FF so I think that probably encourages parents to rf.

HaileysMommy

I would only love it if it was my only choice in a 3-across. I do love how it puzzles with the Radian but other than that there are a ton of other seats I like more!

sunnymw

I think it is the most HIDEOUS seat ever. Ever ever ever. But it fits where I need it to, so there it'll stay.

Brianna

It was the first seat I ever bought, I'll always have a special place in my heart for it (LOL) I used to love it but the more seats I tried and bought, the less I love it. It did its jobs though, it served as a very easy to install RF seat, fit in a wide variety of vehicles and lasted RF until past 2 1/2, not to mention it fit nicely into my budget. I'm OK with it being a spare in J's aunt's car though, used less than 1x/month. I'm not sure what I'll do with it when it's outgrown in a few months...

Kel

I love mine, I have 2! Like of the others here mentioned, it's a lazy boy for tots. The RN May look sleek, but actually prefer the deep side look.

stephie1012

It's not my favorite, but I don't hate it. Everyday I wish it had the leg room my tf had. I hate putting the cover on and trying to get it just right with the cup holders.
I have absolutely no love for the CA65 and everyone seems to love it. I won one and used it for a week, it's been sitting unused for almost a year. I'd rather move the myride into dhs car instead of using the ca65.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC