Question How old were your kids when they outgrew an RA 55?

AnnieW625

Just curious how long of a life kids are getting in the seat. DD2 still has a fair amount of headroom, but I think I am more concearned she'll outgrow it before she does for the height because of the shoulder straps. She is 39-40" tall and already in the top shoulder straps. She is forward facing. DD2 will be 3 in the end of April. My goal when I bought the seat for $100 for the Wayfair sale in late 2011 (so at least there wasn't a lot of money spent there) was to get her to 5, but now I am not so sure.

TIA

ADS

lauti

Interested in this too - this is the seat we have for DS in my parents car and he's on the last harness slot.

Cryssy Jane

A and w are 3.5 (July and August bdays) and have a outgrown the blvd forward facing if that helps at all. They wear 5/6 tops and are 44 and 42lbs respectively.

abigaylebelle

My 6 year old still fits the ra55 forward facing. Torso length makes such a difference in how kids fit in seats. I will say that his growth slowed down considerably after age 3 so there may be hope for you yet, OP.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
she just outgrew it around 44 inches in height, at 5 years

Me too since it is the hospital's seat and I'm just test driving it. ;)

Dd1 had an explosion in the CCO I took for a ride from the stash. It was frightening, but I'm having better luck from the Nextfit.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Rocket just outgrew it rear facing and he will be 3 in May. He is also on the top slot FF'ing but has quite a bit if room to grow. I think he will make it very close to 5, but I've got lots of others that are taller he can move into. It's my favorite seat right now.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

My oldest hit the top slots at 7 and was wearing size 6/7, my middle outgrew it rear facing at 3 years 8 months wearing 4T and still has room for forward facing at 4 years 6 months right now, and my youngest who the seat actually is used primarily by is still rear facing at 2 years and 4 months with 4" above her head.

Last edited:

Athena

3.25 yo RFing ... turned her FFing to find she had only a smige more room, so we moved her to another seat. She's very tall for her age.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC