Okay I know I am going crazy with posts but Como or Advocate?

steph

Which one would you get - Como or Advocate? For this purpose lets say that we have definate confirmation that the Advocate rf to 35 pounds.

The 65 or 70 pounds ff limit (or higher harness height) doesn't concern me too much because we want more children (unless for some reason you don't think my 95th percentile child would make it to at least 4 in the BV;)). So I figure when we do have another LO and that LO is ready for a convertable than Ryan will probably go into a Regent or something else and the other baby will take over the BV and Advocate (or Como).

Thoughts??? (I hope I made sense - it's late and I'm kinda shocked because I just told DH the plan and he was like "whatever you want" :thumbsup:- I for sure thought he was going to say we only needed 1 carseat)!!!!

ADS
B

broxbourneDELETE

I would not Como. I would Advocate, but only after Advocates have been out for a while. If you call babyage, maybe they can let you pay for a Advocate at $299 but not ship it for a few months if your needs are not immediate (would need this is writing). As good as the sale is and as much as I like Britax, I will pass on until I see the Advocate and its new manual. If I'm not mistaken, it is the difficulty interpreting the text in the manual for the Como and Signo that is making people change their minds.

Had I been on the fence, the different interpretations of the Recaro convertibles manual (within Recaro engineering!) that SPB and ZB got yesterday would've pushed me over to Britax.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
RF tethering, rip stitch energy absorbing versa tether, button for harness adjustment...I'm leaning towards the Advocate... but nice deep seating area and side wings makes the Como look good. But Britax actually HAS customer service that's sort of helpful, so Advocate...eenie meenie miney mo? (Compass has a Convertible coming out... wonder if it'll be in time for me...)

steph

I'm just nervous buying such a new seat. I'm going to call today because as long as I can cancel my order before it ships I would rather place it now before they sell out (I think I would kick myself in the behind if I let the $299 price go, especially since Ryan is already 29 pounds).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC