I Wish

Vicky

Well, if you joined this forum you probably have carseat related dreams. What are yours? It could be a cover from one brand to another, having a Swedish seat, or anything like that. I'll share mine:D:D. I wish that Britax would re-release old seats like the Bodyguard, Advantage, and the Wizard and along with that, release old covers like Tiffany, New Denim, the OLD zebra, etc.

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Well, car seat related dreams and what I wish would be available are two different things for me...LOL.
I've had dreams of installing a seat in a 2014 Forester and being perfect for three across etc. Only to find out the car is a manual and I can't drive it and that's all they have on the lot.
My wish would to have a seat like a Marathon70 with higher rfing height limits and more leg room.

D&L's-mommy

I wish that there was a seat with top slots as high as a frontier but as narrow as a radian, DDs 4.5 with a 16.5" torso, ugh. I know the defender is narrow but IMO lower quality than a radian (not as plush,etc) , and the sureride isn't too huge, but still a good bit wider than a radian, maybe a s4m/ms70 with 20" top slots but with the width of a radian (no huge cupholder), then no angle adjustor is needed and it's shorter for tiny ones so you don't need as much front to back space as you do with a radian at a newborn angle, but can still grow tall enough for long torsoed kids

I"m also dreaming about getting 3 seats in the PT cruiser DH and I decided on, lol. I guess that is why I'm dreaming of a narrow, tall harnessed seat :D

bella_1818

A backup seat my noob and DS could both share. DS is minutes away from outgrowing the Radian as a FF seat, so I doubt it's going to happen.

D&L's-mommy

A backup seat my noob and DS could both share. DS is minutes away from outgrowing the Radian as a FF seat, so I doubt it's going to happen.

sorry to hijack, Bella, what is your DS' torso height? DD is also 43" and I'm thinking about getting her a radian, I hate to spend $200 on a seat that won't be usable, I don't know what else would fit in a 3 across, hence my wish for a taller narrow seat

bella_1818

He's at school right now. I'll update when he gets home :)

ETA: His shoulder height is 16.5 inches. We'll chose to stop using the Radian after he passes the top harness slots.

Last edited:

callumsmom

I wish:
1. Graco and Evenflo would stop using that awful buckle.
2. Someone would make a convertible seat that is: rfing to 40 lbs, ffing until at least 50, has at least 17 inch top harness slots, and was under $50 and readily available. Something that would make it so kids wouldn't end up in boosters when they outgrow the Scenera at 3.
3. First Years actually releasing their combo seat.
4. Super awesome dinosaur cover

MommyShannon

The SureRide probably could unless the weight limit isn't high enough for him.

For specific seats,
The Frontier 90 looks dreamy to me right now. For rf I just want a TFP with 40lb rf limit, preferably a harness more like a Britax, but that's not a deal breaker.

My real dream is just to have one of each seat so I can analyze and figure out exactly what I want for any given day.

D&L's-mommy

He's at school right now. I'll update when he gets home :)

ETA: His shoulder height is 16.5 inches. We'll chose to stop using the Radian after he passes the top harness slots.

:eek: DD has a 16.5" torso too. sounds like the radian won't work for us then since I"m not comfortable going past the top slot either, is he even with the top slot? (I thought the radian ts was 17.5", but I could be wrong, and I know height can be lost once installed), I'm really trying to avoid the defender, hopefully I can cram a sureride in, If not, someone's riding in the trunk :D (just kidding, wouldn't even consider it)

bella_1818

:eek: DD has a 16.5" torso too. sounds like the radian won't work for us then since I"m not comfortable going past the top slot either, is he even with the top slot? (I thought the radian ts was 17.5", but I could be wrong, and I know height can be lost once installed), I'm really trying to avoid the defender, hopefully I can cram a sureride in, If not, someone's riding in the trunk :D (just kidding, wouldn't even consider it)

He is about even with the top slot. You can remove the foam padding under the carseat cover, and that will probably gain about a half inch more space. We have a Sunshine Kids Radian XT. Not sure if the Diono ones are different at all.

thepote

A seat for DD that:

Lots of legroom
Rebound control
SIP
Cover options other than black on grey and grey on black
Not a continuous harness
Nice buckles, not the graco standard
Nice harness material
Not up on a gigantic base
Not Dorel plastic
Headrest that doesn't push her head forward
Isn't $400+

That's just for RF :p

beetlemama

Two dreams:

1) A family car that is available in stick. My Pilot is the first automatic I've ever owned and while I love most things about it, I'm really not a fan of driving automatic!

2) That there was a high harness height seat that was narrow, became a booster, was affordable and was somewhere I'm willing to shop (the Defender looks great, but we won't spend at walmart for any reason). Oh, and it needs to be plush because my kids are really picky about how comfortable a seat is. I've yet to own a graco or evenflo that my kids didn't complain comfort in nonstop (either by screaming as a baby or outright telling me "my butt hurts in this" as an older kid).

thtr4me

I wish for a seat with the height and weight limits of the Frontier, with the narrowness of a Radian (okay a little wider is okay), with awesome built in cupholders, no top tether required, and installs easily into my vintage VW truck. I need a 5-pt harness for as long as humanly possible in that vehicle, because once all harness options are outgrown, it is lap-belt only in that vehicle, which does not make me happy :(.

nataliem257

A radian/britax morphed together. A radian shell and shape, britax everything else (harness, cover, chest clip, installation, etc), and throw in SICT :-o = my dream seat. Basically a skinny pinnacle 90 that can rear face :love:

aporthole

I wish Britax's SICT cushions were removable so when placed outboard, you could leave the outside one on but take off the inner one to leave more room for other passengers/car seats

MotoMommaNH

I actually love driving a manual so much that if there were such a thing as a manual minivan I would be all over it, lol.

Y'know it's funny...I have a motorcycle (hence the forum name) and can ride that so I guess I don't know why I can't drive a manual in a car.
Although you definitely can't put your feet down in a car...:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC