So I think I am ordering the Advocate

steph

With the prices at Babyage I think I am going to do it:rolleyes:.

The only think I am nervous about is the problems that the seat may have since it is new, then again I was probably one of the first to buy the Keyfit and never had problems:whistle:

What would be a good price to list one of my BV's. Manufactured Sept. 06 (not part of the recall)? I have Onyx and Park Avenue but would probably want to sell the Onyx (although the cover did rip a little so I should call Britax and have that replaced). I also do not have the infant insert (got lost in our move).

TIA

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It's not like it's from a company who had never made carseats before (radian). I don't think the new issue will be that big of a deal.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I got one of the very first Marathons (preordered), and there actually were a few things they had to change. The harness adjuster was extremely hard to use compared to the Roundabout on the early models. They added HUGS. They had trouble with the velcro on the straps not lining up with the velcro on the cover and sent out replacements for that. They created replacement EPS foam that provided more shoulder space for older children.

steph

Ulrike - so would you order an advocate or wait for the flaws to be fixed (if any)?

Cindy&Connor

If you call Britax to replace the cover they will probably send you the infant insert too. I'm not sure how much you should list it for though.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
If they have a full refund return policy if the seat doesn't work for you, I might seriously consider it at that price. However, it would take $100 off to get me there. Otherwise, I would definitely wait until the seat had been out for at least 3-6 months before deciding/buying.

Forgive my laziness (in not researching this myself), but is the Advocate just the newer version of a Boulevard? I don't see much difference visually between the two and their features. :confused: Also, if they're as similar as they look, can one use Blvd. covers on the Advocate?

steph

Forgive my laziness (in not researching this myself), but is the Advocate just the newer version of a Boulevard? I don't see much difference visually between the two and their features. :confused: Also, if they're as similar as they look, can one use Blvd. covers on the Advocate?

It is like the BV but it has a feature that tells you when the baby is in right, when the seat expires, and if the seat is installed right. However, that is not why I want it - it is rumored that like the Diplomat it will go to 35 pouns rf! Oh and it has a push button adjuster

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
LOL - On Babyage.com they call the Advocate a convertible seat, but have it listed as being a forward-facing only seat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC