Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Evenflo SureRide seats would also last your girls the full 6 years until they expire since the harness is so high. It will depend on the vehicle though to fit them. They are pretty big, but last a LONG time and have been on sale for as low as $70.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    Also, my older two kids were forward facing at 1 and 20 pounds. I honestly didn't know better. We were also two broke college students trying to be parents. No judgement here. This site helped me make an educated decision about my children and keeping them safe in the car. I decided to re-rear face my then 2 year old and she stayed that way until almost 5 because she preferred it. She doesn't like her legs dangling over the seat, and preferred to prop the up on the seat back. She would still be rear facing, her choice, if she didn't outgrow her seat. That was MY decision, for MY child. You can only do what you think is best for your kids. I've had 2 SUVs and a few cars along the way, we are now looking at vans because of convenience with 3 kids in car seats and we can get more for our money (as opposed to a big ole SUV). Good luck to you, and please keep an open mind. These people aren't judging you, they just want what's best for your kids.
    C: 12/06, maui PW
    M: 02/08, carbon vivo
    C: 12/10, RF sporty blue TF

4. Thank You from: