I gave a new mom a helpful hint today.

Harmony96

I don't know what kind of car seat she has for her newborn (9 days old today and so cute!) but I was visiting her today, and we were talking, and she mentioned that the straps were adjusted correctly for her baby, but that it was hard to buckle the crotch buckle. Something in the way she said it made me think she might have been doing the chest clip first, so I asked her, and she was. I told her it would be a lot easier to do the crotch buckle first, and she's going to try that next time.

ADS

MotoMommaNH

way to go! Maybe that little bit will help her be that much safer!
I saw a new dad in Wal mart this week looking at infant buckets. This is a small store so they only have 3 total, two of them being rear adjust. I gently guided him away form those saying they were more trouble than they were worth. He thanked me and said he didn't even know the difference (which up until a little while ago, I don't think I did either!)

Harmony96

way to go! Maybe that little bit will help her be that much safer!
I saw a new dad in Wal mart this week looking at infant buckets. This is a small store so they only have 3 total, two of them being rear adjust. I gently guided him away form those saying they were more trouble than they were worth. He thanked me and said he didn't even know the difference (which up until a little while ago, I don't think I did either!)

Yeah, our bucket with DD was a rear-adjust, so I only changed the useable strap length when she grew. And now that I have straps that are more easily adjustable, I still do the same thing since I got into that habit with my first seat, lol. It works for us.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC