Britax Silver Birch cover

amelia

Warning up front this falls in the "does it really matter" category...Does anyone have or have you seen the Britax Boulevard Silver Birch cover? I just received my Britax Boulevard in Silver Birch and I am just not feeling the love for the cover. I had called and spoke with a customer service rep. prior to placing the order as I initially wanted Zebra. I asked if it was plush like the cowmoo (I have an old style Boulevard in Cowmoo and I like how soft and plush it is) and I was told it was not plush. I asked for help in deciding on a soft cover knowing I wanted something plush like cowmoo and I was told Silver Birch was soft and nice so I ordered it. Well it is anything but soft. It is more slick and makes a kind of crinkly noise when you run your hand over it making me think the baby will wake if he moves his head on it. I suppose it is decent looking although I think it looks much darker in person than in any of the photos I have seen online. I am just super disappointed in it. I called Britax upon receiving it and explained what happened and was told that really none of the new Boulevard covers are plush (with the exception of maybe Aztec but that is brown and wouldn't look good in my car). If I had just been told that upfront I would have just gone with my first choice of Zebra. Anyone have any thoughts on the covers (other than there are much bigger problems in the world to worry about :)?

ADS

cryswilkins

It's true. None of the BLVD covers are as smooshy and nice as the original cow except Aztec. It's pretty, but brown and I know I couldn't put that in my black interior.

Sent from my iPhone and probably NAK, please excuse my typos.

nataliem257

I have silver birch and Aztec,I like the crinkly material because its the part that touches the baby and it makes it less hot IMO. The rest of it is very plush. On Aztec, its the same, but inverted. The part that touches the baby is plush, the rest is kind of an almost denim like woven material. Makes for much more sweating.

YouAreTheFocus

I hate the shiny crinkly style covers! Before we got our first BL70 we went to a local store that had all the covers on display so we could feel them all. At that time we picked Riviera b/c it felt the most "cotton-y". That seat was in an accident and we replaced it (sight unseen) with Zebra. That was basically process of elimination--I knew from last time I didn't like the feel of Silver Birch or Onyx, and wouldn't consider Aztec or Caitlin. However, the Zebra will be going back to diapers.com b/c we've decided to go with another seat altogether.

abigaylebelle

Yeah the silver birch is definitely not plush. It kind of feels like onyx to me. Cow is totally different, maybe you can find a cow cover on swap or amazon?
The boulevard used to come with cow a few years ago, then maybe it was on the cs and now the pavilion? In any case the cover will fit on any of them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC