Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Acura TSX with Two Rear Facing Seats?

Hello everyone!

Our family is expanding. We have a 19 month old and she is in a First Years True Fit C670, rear facing. It's massive and it's a tight fit in our 2005 Acura TSX. My friend was like 'Just turn her front facing when the baby comes, it'll be fine' but, no thanks. Husband says we need to just get another, bigger car, but I love my car Is there any hope? I would like another convertible seat, and budget wise, probably under $250.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Acura TSX with Two Rear Facing Seats?

Congratulations on your new arrival! I have the same car. I take it you're looking for something that doesn't take up much front-to-back space? My children are 3.5 years apart so I have my 4 year old FF behind the driver (me) and my 7 month old RF behind the passenger. I'm 5'4 and DH is 5'10". If DH is going to be in the car he gets to drive since there's a little more leg room

We've had a KeyFit 22, Classic Roundabout and Classic Marathon all RF behind the passenger. These were purchased in 2008-2009 for my son and got handed down for my daughter. If I were buying a new convertible for her I'd have looked first at the Combi Coccoro.

Good luck!

Thanks so much! I will look into all of those options. New little bit won't be here until next spring so we have some time to research and decide I'm just an early researcher, lol.

Oh, I will add that we are fairly tall, he's about 6' even and I'm 5'9".

Okay, bumping my old thread. I still haven't bought a carseat and time is ticking, lol.

Munchkin #1 is still RFing (around and I'd like to keep it that way.. It still seems like it'll be a tight fit if we keep our current seat (True Fit) because it is so wide front to back. I'm looking at the Britax Marathon 70-G3. Forgive my ignorance but when I'm looking at measurements, is the third measurement the back to front measurement?

Amazon says the True Fit is: 19 x 17.5 x 27.5 inches
    It says the Marathon is: 21 x 18.5 x 26 inches

The back the front is really the only size I'm too concerned about. So, does this mean the Marathon is a bit of a smaller footprint in that direction, but it's considerably taller?

I appreciate the help!

Carseat Crazy

How much does she weigh and how tall?

For my small Mazda 3, I have a Radian with the angle adjuster that fits really well rear-facing. And it's keeping my big 3.5 still rf when a Britax would not.

Joy * DD Mar 2006 - Britax Parkway SGL/Evenflo Big Kid Sport LBB * DS Jul 2009 - Britax Frontier85/Graco Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHoo View Post
    How much does she weigh and how tall?

For my small Mazda 3, I have a Radian with the angle adjuster that fits really well rear-facing. And it's keeping my big 3.5 still rf when a Britax would not.
    Well my question is more for what seat should I get for the baby, vs a replacement for hers, although I suppose I could use her seat for the baby and get her a new one. She's around 36" and 30 lbs.